Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
SEEMS THE BREEDER COULD TRY TO HELP YOU FIND ANOTHER HOME.

YOUR LANDLORD NEEDS TO ALLOW ADEQUATE TIME TO FIND ANOTHER
PLACE TO LIVE ESPECIALLY AS SHE AGREED TO THIS THEN CHANGED HER MIND.

I'D KEEP MY PUP & MOVE, 7 LOOK INTO FILING A COMPLAINT BASED ON OBTAINING
HER AGREEMENT AND AFTER THE FACT, CHANGES MIND, COSTING YOU IME, MONEY,
& FAMILY STRESS.

WILL KEEP ALL IN PRAYERS, BEST OF LUCK.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Just wanna say thanks to everyone. To answer every ones question unfortunately we donā€™t have the option of just picking up and moving our daughters school is next to our home and just to pick up leave we just canā€™t to right now. My stress levels are three the roof and I just need some time I guess just to process this thanks again for the love and support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just wanna say thanks to everyone. To answer every ones question unfortunately we donā€™t have the option of just picking up and moving our daughters school is next to our home and just to pick up leave we just canā€™t to right now. My stress levels are three the roof and I just need some time I guess just to process this thanks again for the love and support

YES, MANY OF US ARE VENTING FROM OUR SHOCK & OUTRAGE SO PLEASE FORGIVE US.
MOVING IS NEVER EASY ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN'S SCHOOLS INVOLVED & TIGHT RENT
MARKETS.

HAS LANDLORD ALREADY ACCEPTED PET DEPOSIT?

EXCELLENT SUGGESTION FROM MEMBER TO REGISTER WRINKLES AS THERAPY DOG.
IN TX THIS MEANS THEY MUST WAIVE PET DEPOSIT AS WELL.

ARE THEIR FRIENDS/FAMILY THAT COULD HOUSE HIM WHILE YOU WORK THIS OUT?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Iā€™m so crushed and infuriated for you... I canā€™t imagine the stress and heartache

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
my heart is just aching right now for you. So Sorry. I just hope that you discern the best option available. Perhaps tell the landlord to let him stay while he is still a pup and will figure out the next possible option. She might have a change of heart after seeing him grow and how lovely he is after all. Approach it one day at a time. I do not see a diff. between an English and French other than size. Demeanor wise, an English is more laid back and quiet. My EBD does not bark unless someone rings the bell.

Hoping for the best.:hug2:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION FROM MEMBER TO REGISTER WRINKLES AS THERAPY DOG.
IN TX THIS MEANS THEY MUST WAIVE PET DEPOSIT AS WELL.
With all the stress and anguish caused by the LL, a therapy dog is just what the Dr ordered. Not so sure it would work but I like this idea.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Donā€™t panick, they cannot throw you away right now. Not so easy. Try to propose a little bit extra, ā€œpet rentā€, you know, money talks, mb it will change her mind. EB isnā€™t on the restricted breeds list in NY, so if general policy for property is ā€œdogs allowedā€, they cannot prohibit him. Talk to some lawyer or someone who can help you to understand your consumer rights. You must first of all learn about your rights (I donā€™t know your situation and Iā€™m quite new in US, but itā€™s just impossible - to say yes, you can have a dog and then after you spent 3000 usd on puppy say ā€œitā€™s not right breedā€. Donā€™t give up, donā€™t rush to give him away.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Thatā€™s sad to hear..just curious though..have you considered registering him as an ESA? I recently had to do this with both of my boys because we bought a condo at the beach that only permits 1 dog under 50 lbs..I donā€™t know if itā€™s something you are interested in but google it and have a look

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys Im definitely weighing all my options actually donā€™t want to give him up but the lease says no dogs over 30 lbs I donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on Iā€™m just in a wind tunnel right now I feel like a chicken with out a head right now Iā€™ve offered her more rent money but she hasnā€™t responded back to me yet . Also I wanna say thanks again to everyone whoā€™s willing to give him a home Iā€™m just trying to see if I can make it work before I let him go I still havenā€™t told my daughter whatā€™s going on thatā€™s what Iā€™m most mad about to have to tell her but I just canā€™t afford to lose our place

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hey guys Im definitely weighing all my options actually donā€™t want to give him up but the lease says no dogs over 30 lbs I donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on Iā€™m just in a wind tunnel right now I feel like a chicken with out a head right now Iā€™ve offered her more rent money but she hasnā€™t responded back to me yet . Also I wanna say thanks again to everyone whoā€™s willing to give him a home Iā€™m just trying to see if I can make it work before I let him go I still havenā€™t told my daughter whatā€™s going on thatā€™s what Iā€™m most mad about to have to tell her but I just canā€™t afford to lose our place

This explains why the landlord is telling you no. A French Bulldog is much smaller than an English Bulldog and an adult English Bulldog is going to be over 30 pounds.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just reading this... :wtf: is wrong with people!?!?! This sucks!!! NY is not an easy place to just get up n go. If the lease states it, itā€™s hard to go against. I personally would leave but when your hands are tied you canā€™t do much. I do have a friend in NJ wanted to buy an EB. Sheā€™s always asking about Nyala n Duke. I can ask her if sheā€™s interested to buy yours. Idk up to you.

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
With all the stress and anguish caused by the LL, a therapy dog is just what the Dr ordered. Not so sure it would work but I like this idea.

Well in the winter we live with "therapy dogs" in the south it take the cost of your co pay to get the slip
People are upset this is bogus, but I know people with dogs appear happier. I don't have one for Brosco, he just goes everywhere, who doesn't love a bulldog? Only ask to leave one place once cause dogs weren't allowed, no big deal. (Dam tasty freeze people, he just wanted a little ice cream!)

I realize this probably isn't a trend so much in NJ but start one
How traumatic for you and your family

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
I live in nj...I registered mine online bought the kit and got a note from my doctor and then sent the note and registration papers in to my hoa..they are nt allowed to ask what the support is for...itā€™s considered discrimination

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
I'm so sorry! I live in northern Maryland and am starting to foster with Mid-Atlantic bulldog rescue and could probably foster him until he finds a new home. Where in New York do you live?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through all this stress with your new puppy. It's so heartbreaking that you may have to give him up. You have been given Lots of great advice from members above. I really hope that you can work something out to be able to keep Mr Wrinkles, and that you don't have to break your daughters heart. Sending you prayers, and please keep us posted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.