Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok I will definitely consider that also question is it normal for puppyā€™s to pee if they get scared he was sleeping but my daughter dropped something and he woke up and when I looked he had pee in the crate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say. Also a little dribble when excited as well.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
FWIW, until Mr W has all his puppy shots avoid areas where other dogs may have visited...and avoid contact with other dogs.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Ok I definitely gonna be trying that as we continue on our Journey I do have a question maybe you or some one here can help me with so I live on the 3rd floor walk-up what would be the best technique to help him go up and down by his self right now Iā€™ve been carrying him up and down stairs but thereā€™s also a set of stairs in the front of our home now he climbs those steps just fine about five steps just donā€™t wanna have him being 60+ pounds and not trying to walk up or down you know

I'd highly recommend carrying him up and down until he's a bit older. They are pretty unstable at young ages and stairs can be dangerous. Eventually you may look at getting a garden level apartment cause from my experience 3 flights can take a while depending on the dog even as they get older.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys was up need some advice and answers if possible. Can someone please help here it goes so Mr. Wrinkles as been doing real good over night holding it for well over 4 hours dam near 5 hours but for some reason during the day heā€™s unable too he just had an accident in his crate my question is how was he able to hold it overnight but heā€™s not able to hold it three hours I had just took him out around 8:30 AM came back to the crate around 11 AM and he had pooped inside of it any ideas [emoji362] why that happened??

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hey guys was up need some advice and answers if possible. Can someone please help here it goes so Mr. Wrinkles as been doing real good over night holding it for well over 4 hours dam near 5 hours but for some reason during the day heā€™s unable too he just had an accident in his crate my question is how was he able to hold it overnight but heā€™s not able to hold it three hours I had just took him out around 8:30 AM came back to the crate around 11 AM and he had pooped inside of it any ideas [emoji362] why that happened??

With a puppies the more active they are the MORE FREQUENT bathroom breaks they need. So, after playing fetch, playing in crate, or just being AWAKE they WILL need to go.....often. This really is a timely process, you will get there for sure.

Question, were you out while he was in the crate or were you home?

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
With a puppies the more active they are the MORE FREQUENT bathroom breaks they need. So, after playing fetch, playing in crate, or just being AWAKE they WILL need to go.....often. This really is a timely process, you will get there for sure.

Question, were you out while he was in the crate or were you home?

I was home but he was not playing he was just sleeping I believe I didnā€™t t hear him at all once I heard him get up I was getting ready to take him out but noticed he went poo in his crate I cleaned it up and took him out now I will say he did poop again and pee when I took him out

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was home but he was not playing he was just sleeping I believe I didnā€™t t hear him at all once I heard him get up I was getting ready to take him out but noticed he went poo in his crate I cleaned it up and took him out now I will say he did poop again and pee when I took him out

It happens, don't stress it, really. Mr. Wrinkles is sooooooooooo young. If you keep on with what you're doing it will become habit. Never trust that he is sleeping in his crate just because you cannot hear him doing anything else.

The minute Joey stirred (I had camera on her while I was in my office) I went and scooped her up and outside we went. Stick to your schedule but be sure it's an adequate schedule for him, many, many, many, many trips outside :)

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys question when will I know that Iā€™m able to just walk him twice a day and how can I choose the tine I need him to go I would like to keep the first walk at around 7AM AND THE LAST WALK AROUND 8-9PM

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys question when will I know that Iā€™m able to just walk him twice a day and how can I choose the tine I need him to go I would like to keep the first walk at around 7AM AND THE LAST WALK AROUND 8-9PM

You make the schedule... she will learn all that. Potty breaks should always be every two hours at this point and immediately after waking or playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hello - figure on roughly holding pee one hour for each month old. 3 months = 3 hours. This is just a guide but normal drinking and this should be pretty spot on. I also use a harness because bullies have a hard enough time breathing w/o a permanent collar around his neck plus Have to be careful w collars because of their small and fragile wind pipes. Hank loves his ā€œKong jacket ā€œ (harness) he thinks heā€™s the big dog on the block wearing it. He looks like heā€™s ready for the army.

F4631140-ADB8-49EE-851C-DF888655922E.jpeg

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Not for a long time.....he is a baby and will need to have MULTIPLE trips outside for a very long time. Even for a mature dog twice per day is NOT ENOUGH. Joey started to stretch out time between potty breaks (3 years old now) to 6:30AM and not again until 4 or 5PM and I STILL took her out. I don't believe that it's healthy for them to hold it for that long EVEN if they can. IMO

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.