OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Yeah, where’s our photos of our new furball?

I will definitely post tomorrow it’s been a long 36 hours I’m running on 1 hour sleep SMH really could use some advice?? He’s refusing to walk on lease also when where outside he tends to go and sit in between our legs ??? ALSO WHEN ITS TINE TO FEED HIM HE GOES CRAZY IM TRYING TO MAKE HIM RELAX BEOFRE I PUT THE FOOD DOWW I KNOW YOU GIYS OUT HERE HAVE ALOT MORE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS THAN ME !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
People expect so much from little puppies. He is new to everything. It will take a while to train him to walk on a leash. He sits between your legs because everything is new,he has been taken by strangers, flown in an airplane, taken by strangers to a new place, he is insecure and afraid.Between your legs feels like the safest place right now. As for eating-little pups are always starving,it is hard to get the food down before they attack!:yes: This,too, is normal! Hope you all can get a good nights rest. It is also normal for pups to cry at night, when they are new. Give him a teddy to sleep with,it he is in a crate. Cover all but the door, and have him in your bedroom at night. [MENTION=18623]Nelson318[/MENTION]

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
People expect so much from little puppies. He is new to everything. It will take a while to train him to walk on a leash. He sits between your legs because everything is new,he has been taken by strangers, flown in an airplane, taken by strangers to a new place, he is insecure and afraid.Between your legs feels like the safest place right now. As for eating-little pups are always starving,it is hard to get the food down before they attack!:yes: This,too, is normal! Hope you all can get a good nights rest. It is also normal for pups to cry at night, when they are new. Give him a teddy to sleep with,it he is in a crate. Cover all but the door, and have him in your bedroom at night. [MENTION=18623]Nelson318[/MENTION]

Oh Ok that makes a lot of sense. We are definitely happy with him and where all just trying to adjust. Yeah gotta get some sleep tonight gotta be at work at 6 so I figure wake up a little earlier to walk him then be on my way

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Bang on girl!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Be prepared he won’t like to walk on the leash at the beginning. He will be scared of open spaces, because he hardly left his house before. Be patient, it takes time, appraisals and treats. When he stops, pick him up and carry a bit, then put back. He will walk a bit more. Will take couple of months for him to feel comfortable on a leash.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
First let me just say thanks to all for the great advice and support. I definitely know that it will take time and me and my family are willing to put the time in !

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.