Flea and tick

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys was upppp so my little guy will be here Saturday me and the family are so happy. Where just trying to figure out what kind of flea and tick treatment we should get him I called up chewy and they said that maybe we should wait to we see the vet before we choose one but we also been doing some research and just not sure what to do any suggestions??? Or should we just wait to see the vet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey guys was upppp so my little guy will be here Saturday me and the family are so happy. Where just trying to figure out what kind of flea and tick treatment we should get him I called up chewy and they said that maybe we should wait to we see the vet before we choose one but we also been doing some research and just not sure what to do any suggestions??? Or should we just wait to see the vet?

I NEVER gave or apply any flea/tick on any of my dogs. Itā€™s a proven fact itā€™s made with pesticides. I live not far from Banff Canada n we go often in the mountains. Look on this link for natural ways and pesticides free. A lot of members are using it n it works! On the first pages

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
I NEVER gave or apply any flea/tick on any of my dogs. Itā€™s a proven fact itā€™s made with pesticides. I live not far from Banff Canada n we go often in the mountains. Look on this link for natural ways and pesticides free. A lot of members are using it n it works! On the first pages

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Where can I buy the oils and which ones will work ??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Where can I buy the oils and which ones will work ??

I like DoTerra as itā€™s quality n less expensive than Young Living. Read the thread as there are a lot of great holistic ways to help a pet. I personally donā€™t got to vets for everyday maintenance or normal things like fleas, food, rashes .......
Bare in mind Iā€™ve been doing oils for years....why I started this thread. You absolutely need to use these specific oils that is mentioned in the thread for whatever you need it for. Example fleas/ticks, use whatā€™s is written there n not add additional oils or another kind cause you couldnā€™t find that specific one...oils are NOT just to smell nice. They are powerful n some you cannot use on pets. Why itā€™s important to read carefully. If youā€™re not sure of a specific oil, just ask me so youā€™re guided properly:). But that thread you shouldnā€™t have issues to understand.

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
I like DoTerra as itā€™s quality n less expensive than Young Living. Read the thread as there are a lot of great holistic ways to help a pet. I personally donā€™t got to vets for everyday maintenance or normal things like fleas, food, rashes .......
Bare in mind Iā€™ve been doing oils for years....why I started this thread. You absolutely need to use these specific oils that is mentioned in the thread for whatever you need it for. Example fleas/ticks, use whatā€™s is written there n not add additional oils or another kind cause you couldnā€™t find that specific one...oils are NOT just to smell nice. They are powerful n some you cannot use on pets. Why itā€™s important to read carefully. If youā€™re not sure of a specific oil, just ask me so youā€™re guided properly:). But that thread you shouldnā€™t have issues to understand.

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Ok will do where do I buy the oils is there a certain site

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok will do where do I buy the oils is there a certain site

Straight on their website or check amazon n eBay etc...check wherever is cheaper. Maybe others here will help you as in Canada, all is more expensive. Why I shop around.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
whats your thoughts on "bareFut" essential oils? I have purchased a few (and im a DoTerra whatever ya call when you can sell it). Anyway, i've been happy with the ones i got and personally havent found anything wrong with them with great prices. Curious if yu know different.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
whats your thoughts on "bareFut" essential oils? I have purchased a few (and im a DoTerra whatever ya call when you can sell it). Anyway, i've been happy with the ones i got and personally havent found anything wrong with them with great prices. Curious if yu know different.

I heard good stuff on them... I like to try new ones. Just need to finish what I have first or Iā€™ll end up spending for nothing.

Great to know other good quality oils..thanks!

Vanillagurilla

Jan 11, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Remington and Ruger

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

I realize this was a few months ago but I'll be recieving my oils tomorrow to help with fleas but I was wondering how much do you spray on? Do you spray enough to massage it down to the skin? I have 2 Bulldogs and is there any worries about ingestion? Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I realize this was a few months ago but I'll be recieving my oils tomorrow to help with fleas but I was wondering how much do you spray on? Do you spray enough to massage it down to the skin? I have 2 Bulldogs and is there any worries about ingestion? Thank you.

Hi there, no worries for ingest. When I spray my 2 they wonā€™t lick each other. Duke hates EO as a passion lol. Nyala nothing bothers her. I spray the whole body n brush it in. Stay away from the eyes. I spray the mix into my fingers so I can control the face area so it doesnā€™t go in the eyes. I also use a drop or 2 of lavender on their collars. On the outside of the collar. When I go to Banff/Rockies with both, guaranteed I will spray them completely. At home I will I use the mix but not everyday. I donā€™t know where you live if it has a lot of flea/tick or forest etc. Be your own judge. Summers I use once a week unless Iā€™m walking in the forest or itā€™s been raining n itā€™s humid out there. Then Iā€™ll spray them again. This mix stays on the for a while as they donā€™t jump in the shower like us humans.

Vanillagurilla

Jan 11, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Remington and Ruger
Hi there, no worries for ingest. When I spray my 2 they wonā€™t lick each other. Duke hates EO as a passion lol. Nyala nothing bothers her. I spray the whole body n brush it in. Stay away from the eyes. I spray the mix into my fingers so I can control the face area so it doesnā€™t go in the eyes. I also use a drop or 2 of lavender on their collars. On the outside of the collar. When I go to Banff/Rockies with both, guaranteed I will spray them completely. At home I will I use the mix but not everyday. I donā€™t know where you live if it has a lot of flea/tick or forest etc. Be your own judge. Summers I use once a week unless Iā€™m walking in the forest or itā€™s been raining n itā€™s humid out there. Then Iā€™ll spray them again. This mix stays on the for a while as they donā€™t jump in the shower like us humans.
Ok thank you very much. I'm in southern California, the go to the dog park and other people's houses who have pets frequently. They have the fleas already and flea baths dont help. Its heart breaking seeing them try to get to there hind end to scratch but they cant reach. I spend alot of time scratching bulldog butts lol. The fleas seem to stay in that area for the most part.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
U
Ok thank you very much. I'm in southern California, the go to the dog park and other people's houses who have pets frequently. They have the fleas already and flea baths dont help. Its heart breaking seeing them try to get to there hind end to scratch but they cant reach. I spend alot of time scratching bulldog butts lol. The fleas seem to stay in that area for the most part.

Oh, i didnā€™t know they already have fleas on them.... ok then BEFORE putting the mix on them, take their shampoo add a good 10 drops of lavender EO mixed in the shampoo. Leave the shampoo sit on them for a good ten minutes. Make sure you put shampoo behind the ears and everywhere. Watch the eyes. Like when you have a child with lice. Same thing. Once rinsed, make sure your brush is flea free, n brush the dogs completely. Then add a bit of mixture, massage in, dry the dogs then apply the mixture again everywhere even paws n all. Brush it in. Personally I would stop going to dogs park n peopleā€™s home if you know itā€™s flea issues in them places. Some people will mix the EO with a carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil etc. I prefer no carriers especially cases like you going with your dogs places thereā€™s fleas n not aware of. Scary stuff. Hereā€™s a good link you can read...

https://care4dogs.net/essential-oils-for-fleas-and-ticks-on-dogs/

Oh one more thing since they already have fleas, wash all their beddings, floors etc. again like a lice issue. And if you donā€™t already have one, get a diffuser add lemongrass n lavender in the diffuser. Fleas donā€™t like lemongrass. Will kill them if they are elsewhere than on your dogs.

Vanillagurilla

Jan 11, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Remington and Ruger
Keeping them still just for the bath is hard enough let alone for 10 minutes while there all soapy haha.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.