Glucosamine For Hip clicking for puppy WHAT’s THE BEST ONE?

Erik4danielle

Oct 4, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dutchness, Thor, Neme, Sugar
Hey guys my 5 month old English bulldog has hip clicking what’s the best Glucosamine supplement to give her?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have always heard that liquid is absorbed faster/better than tablets. [MENTION=18652]Erik4danielle[/MENTION]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes, liquid is absorbed better than capsules or powder. I take and give my French Bulldog the liquid glucosamine from Costco. It’s cheaper than a dog specific one. I have also heard that bone broth is a good source as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Like mentioned liquid one at Costco is perfect. Tablet or powder you'll lose 50% absorption as it's going to be peed out. If possible all supplements are best liquid. Btw kinda early to take that for his age. What do you feed him n have you had him checked out?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Try to avoid rapid bone growth by feeding only dog food approved for large breed puppy or all age groups, do not overfeed, do not give any dairy products because they contain calcium, and do not spay before at least a year or even 18 months to allow bone plates to close. Do not allow her to climb up and down stairs or jump off couch till her bone plates are closed.

I don't have a lot of faith in glucosamine products, but I give my dog Acti-Flex 4000 that I get from bigdweb "just in case" .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online