Grooming tips

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Whatā€™s going on guys hope yā€™all having a good holiday hope everyoneā€™s English bulldog is doing well. So here I go again guys LOL so just have a few questions to ask about grooming Mr Wrinkles Iā€™ve done some research and I see there are a lot of Products I can buy specifically for dogs as well as for people that would be find to use my question is will it do him harm if I use letā€™s say sensitive skin baby whips the clean his back side as well as his wrinkles and an a&d for his wrinkles and vaseline to keep his nose moist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Whatā€™s going on guys hope yā€™all having a good holiday hope everyoneā€™s English bulldog is doing well. So here I go again guys LOL so just have a few questions to ask about grooming Mr Wrinkles Iā€™ve done some research and I see there are a lot of Products I can buy specifically for dogs as well as for people that would be find to use my question is will it do him harm if I use letā€™s say sensitive skin baby whips the clean his back side as well as his wrinkles and an a&d for his wrinkles and vaseline to keep his nose moist

Keep this handy n start reading...maintenance is the key word...

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use the sensitive, fragrance and alcohol free wipes to clean Louieā€™s tush after a poop. For wrinkles, I use chlorhexidine wipes. Some people use witch hazel. I also always have a microfiber cloth in the kitchen to wipe Louieā€™s face after he eats and drinks.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
I use the sensitive, fragrance and alcohol wipes to clean Louieā€™s tush after a poop. For wrinkles, I use chlorhexidine wipes. Some people use witch hazel. I also always have a microfiber cloth in the kitchen to wipe Louieā€™s face after he eats and drinks.

Ok cool I will be looking in to that today for sure. I see you mentioned using alcohol wipes to clean is back side but wonā€™t that burn him ???
Also whatā€™s a good cream to put in between his wrinkles??
To prevent infection?
And how often should I apply it?
How should I clean his ears and how often ?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok cool I will be looking in to that today for sure. I see you mentioned using alcohol wipes to clean is back side but wonā€™t that burn him ???
Also whatā€™s a good cream to put in between his wrinkles??
To prevent infection?
And how often should I apply it?
How should I clean his ears and how often ?

Oops...I meant alcohol free!

If youā€™re diligent with wiping his face and wrinkles, you shouldnā€™t have to worry about infections and creams for his wrinkles.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
If Monty ever does get a bit sore in his wrinkles, after cleaning I use a little Desitin (Baby rash cream). Be very careful not to get it in his eyes though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you covered.... my go to is witch hazel

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

If you use baby wipes to clean his wrinkles make sure you dry them with something soft like a round cosmetic pad. If you use a chlorhexidine wipe you don't have to bother drying his wrinkles. I like to clean facial wrinkles with chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo on a wet cosmetic pad, then I wipe with a second wet cosmetic pad, then I dry with a 3rd dry cosmetic pad. For his back side, if he has a tail pocket you will have to dry it after wiping it with a baby wipe. Zinc oxide ointment is good for his wrinkles or his bum as a final step if they are red. For his nose you can use vaseline, or organic virgin coconut oil ( which is what I use ) .

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
If you use baby wipes to clean his wrinkles make sure you dry them with something soft like a round cosmetic pad. If you use a chlorhexidine wipe you don't have to bother drying his wrinkles. I like to clean facial wrinkles with chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo on a wet cosmetic pad, then I wipe with a second wet cosmetic pad, then I dry with a 3rd dry cosmetic pad. For his back side, if he has a tail pocket you will have to dry it after wiping it with a baby wipe. Zinc oxide ointment is good for his wrinkles or his bum as a final step if they are red. For his nose you can use vaseline, or organic virgin coconut oil ( which is what I use ) .

Alright thanks also can I use frontline on him or is he to young ??

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Alright thanks I wasnā€™t sure Iā€™d frontline the best one ?

I don't think so, since it works within 48 hr, compared to K9 Advantix II which works within 12 hours. I use K9 Advantix II, which is also ok for dogs 7 weeks and older. But if you have a cat, you have to separate the dog from the cat after application with K9 Advantix II for 24 hours.

Jeremy Ford

Nov 4, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
I bathe my pup myself. I use a product called nose butter for a dry noes and try to keep his wrinkles clean and dry by wiping them a few times a day. Never had any issues. Good luck

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.