Zignature response regarding FDA report on DCM

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I feed my boy Zignature and I know others on here do as well. I sent an email to Zignature asking if they were going to modify their recipes after the FDA report. This is their response.

Hello Pamela,

Thank you for your email.

Zignature is aware of the studies and articles that have surfaced in the last few months regarding Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) Including the study released by the FDA. In these studies, it states that most of the cases of DCM come from recipes who are plant-based diets with peas, legumes and lentils as the main ingredients and low in Taurine.

All Zignature recipes are meat based. The first ingredient in our recipes is always meat followed by a meat meal. We offer 65% meat vs 35% plant-based protein in all our recipes except Zssential. Zssential offers 70% meat vs 30% plant-based protein.

Taurine is not an essential amino acid for dogs, which means that healthy dogs can synthesize it internally without requiring it as part of their diet. However, dogs that have certain medical conditions or are predisposed to taurine deficiency, may require taurine supplementation. Those dogs require a specialized diet that should be prescribed by a veterinarian. The highest amounts of taurine are typically found in dark meats and seafood.

Based on our consumer feedback, we here at Zignature, decided to add a Taurine supplement to our recipes. As of May 1st, 2018, there has been .2% Taurine added to every recipe. Our Bags will reflect the addition as you should start seeing Taurine stickers on our bags as well as the addition of Taurine to our ingredient panel.

We hope you found this information helpful. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Nelson Robles | Customer Care Lead | Pets Global, Inc.
[email protected] | O: (661) 309-1235 Ext. 207
Follow these Pets Global brands:
Home - Zignature | Home - Fussie Cat | Home - Pets Global

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.