Advice please

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Can anyone tell me what this is on Ruby’s leg, she keeps licking at it and the best way to treat it please
009810a9648f38f8a792abda786b0279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is ruby under a year old, if yes it is probably mange. I would have a vet scrape to rule it out

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Is ruby under a year old, if yes it is probably mange. I would have a vet scrape to rule it out

Hi, no she’s 4, she’s had it a good month now and it’s not spread it’s just on that area of her leg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, no she’s 4, she’s had it a good month now and it’s not spread it’s just on that area of her leg

Ok... if just the one area, I’m thinking she has some type of infection not sure which type.

Nothing in house has changed or been added?

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ok... if just the one area, I’m thinking she has some type of infection not sure which type.

Nothing in house has changed or been added?

I picked up the wrong washing tablets by mistake the other week, same brand and scent just without the fabric softener in. That’s the only thing I can think of that’s changed. She just won’t leave it alone, she’s constantly licking it, I tried putting a sock on her leg to cover it but she just pulled it off

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I picked up the wrong washing tablets by mistake the other week, same brand and scent just without the fabric softener in. That’s the only thing I can think of that’s changed. She just won’t leave it alone, she’s constantly licking it, I tried putting a sock on her leg to cover it but she just pulled it off

That could be it.... [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] any insight?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Get NU STOCK and rub it in her leg. Do it every 3 days, washing the old before you apply the new. @ruby
Also keep some Vet Wrap on hand-if you have to cover a sore place-though I would not cover this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online