KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Iā€™m still here. Reading always, not saying much lately. After exhaustive research and much hemming and hawing, Iā€™ve decided on the Julius K9. Even though our heat index is still 100F+ every day, I am hoping for cooler weather maybe next month. It rains every single day...every...single...damn...day! Itā€™s mostly over eighty degrees by the time I get up. The humidity is oppressive. And the morning and evening mosquitos are the size of the Goodyear blimp. Letā€™s say, unless you have a death wish for you and your bully, walking doesnā€™t happen.

Ollie has a martingale collar and generally when heā€™s walked, itā€™s on a slip leash. Heā€™s a dream to walk, never pulls and heels perfectly. The only issue we ever has is if Sammy, the 85lb EBD neighbor dog lunges at Ollie pulling his owner across the street. She has him on a collar and leash and has no control over him. He walks her. She never walks him.

I want to take Ollie to more places during our ā€œwinter.ā€ The farmers Market will be starting up again soon. There will be the Blues Festival. And the International Rowing Championships in January. The kind of stuff you people do in the summer, we do in the winter. I want to take Ollie to all these things because heā€™s such a great ambassador in every way for the EBD breed.

The only worry I have about the Julius K9 is that it will make him hot. What do those of you who use it think? He will only wear it for walking. Otherwise he has to wear his invisible fence collar

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I know a lot of people use the Julius K9 and love them but it always looked so bulky and heavy so I went with a Ruffwear harness for Louie. We usually only use it when we are walking at a beach or park or farmer's market, etc. For just walks around the neighborhood we use a Martingale collar.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I purchased the Julius K-9 harness for Joey but it is just over kill for her....she too is a dream to walk. So, she goes without anything inside and when we go out to potty or to walk she wears a plush, soft lightweight harness. Hope this helps....

Sounds like you should give the K-9 harness to the lady across the street :)

Edited to say Joey's harness is the Planet Dog Cozy Hemp Harness

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
As my Tank doesnā€™t pull and is very obedient, I dropped the harness since his 6-7 months of age and use simple collar because of the reason you mention - itā€™s just too hot for the most of the year where we lived in China and here in Georgia. I know that dogs donā€™t sweat except for paws but somehow harness was always wet after walks. Even worse, it was shaving his short fur in the armpits and on the sides. May be it happened because Tank has very pronounced bulldog way of walking - he really ā€œrollsā€, rowing with his front paws to the right side, I donā€™t know. But after couple of months of wearing harness his fur was shaved and skin irritated in armpits:ashamed:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After reading replies so far, I have a feeling I might be returning the Julius k9. Weā€™ll see.

As you know Duke has ants in his pants as we say. Often I put the harness on and he always has his collar on for around the house and a choker for walks only. What I do, I have the 8ft leash but clips at each end. I clip one on the harness n one on the choker. When we start our walks heā€™s kind of pulls. I yank the choker a few times and he realizes he needs to stop pulling which he does. Then itā€™s the harness that kicks in for the rest of the walk. Basically the choker is there just in case he pulls or sees squirrels or cats or does his Dukie head.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If he is a good walker, the harness could be overkill. My first two were like that... the two nowā€” martingale with continued training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.