SMammers816

Nov 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner, Cooper
Hi All,
I have been working with a breeder to add a new bully baby to our family and I received notification that the breeder has a 8 week old male ready to join our home. The breeder did disclose that this male puppy has a heart murmur and that the vet the breeder uses noted it was a "1 to 2 on a scale of six" and that it should clear up by 6 months of age. I need advice on if any of you bully mommies and daddies ever had an issue with a heart murmur. I'm not concerned with the breeder's reputation... I did a lot of research and I know there are other owners on this form that got their bullies from this breeder with no issues.

My questions are more around the murmur. Any experiences to share? We have the option to stay on the wait list for the breeder's next litter, but I don't want to discount this little baby boy.

Thanks,
Samantha

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hi All,
I have been working with a breeder to add a new bully baby to our family and I received notification that the breeder has a 8 week old male ready to join our home. The breeder did disclose that this male puppy has a heart murmur and that the vet the breeder uses noted it was a "1 to 2 on a scale of six" and that it should clear up by 6 months of age. I need advice on if any of you bully mommies and daddies ever had an issue with a heart murmur. I'm not concerned with the breeder's reputation... I did a lot of research and I know there are other owners on this form that got their bullies from this breeder with no issues.

My questions are more around the murmur. Any experiences to share? We have the option to stay on the wait list for the breeder's next litter, but I don't want to discount this little baby boy.

Thanks,
Samantha

Hey how are you and welcome to the English bulldog family me personally I donā€™t have much experience with the breed but Iā€™m also waiting for my boy he should be here in about 2 weeks but my suggestion to you is if you waited this long you might just want to wait a little bit longer just to be on the safe side but then again Iā€™m not that eexperienced and I definitely wouldnā€™t take a puppy that has a pre-existing condition thatā€™s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi All,

Thanks,
Samantha

Hi there Samantha, congratulation on your ALMOST bully baby :) I have tagged a member whom has TON OF EXPERIENCE and knowledge concerning health matters. I am confident that he will reply soon. I am sure that you will see the most knowledgeable folks chime in soon with some advice, they always come through :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I don't have any personal experience but the breeder I got Louie from had a puppy from a different litter that had either a grade 2 heart murmur and it did resolve itself.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I personally wouldnā€™t pay for any puppy when you know ahead of time he/she has a murmur. Yes it can go away but I sure heard of some dogs it never went away.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Should have added that the puppy I was referring to, the breeder did not sell because of the murmur, she was kept by the breeder.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If it's a benign murmur it should disappear with increase in heart rate or movement, and will be gone by 16 weeks. You can always say you will pick up dog at age 16 weeks once murmur has gone.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
One more thing I will add, is that the word "should" is just a maybe, a possibility. There is no guarantee that the murmur will resolve itself.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This is so tough. My love of life, my own dear sweet girl had a heart murmur as well. She was my love (I had her mama as well) the second she was born, cant explain it. She was my rock, I cant even say hers went completely away, but she stayed strong through her life and every min of 15 years was pure love. Now, i must say, i was already in love with this girl when it was detected, and in no way would have given her up, but you have that option of possibly taking it on (and i dont know even what it entails) or not at this point. This is your decision, and mabie others with bulldogs with this condition could answer better as to what it entails. My guess is it will resolve itself,,, but im a nobody in that department.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.