PetSmart dog deaths grooming

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Horrible that you can leave your dog there and find out your dog died. I often see older dogs there scared and shivering, scared to be away from their owners. I used to get my dog washed there, but found out they were locking her up in a cage as soon as they finished. Plus she picked up a cold there once. Now I just wash her at the PetValu do it yourself wash.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is why you need to do some detective work on your groomer... I take my pups to two ladies who are good friends. They will also groom strays for Animal Control for FREE... trying to give them the best chances to find a great home.

Tawnys mom

Sep 11, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tawny
That is heartbreaking. Couldn’t imagine that phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I’ll go to where you wash n groom your own dog yourself.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I saw this a couple days ago and was just disgusted. I actually used to take Jax for a bath there once a month when he was a puppy. Thank god I stopped. I just bathe and clean their ears myself. Sometimes we do Jax's nails ourselves but ever since his injuries, we have been just taking him to a local groomer and Louie either goes to the same groomer or the breeder will grind them if we are there for a visit.

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
It’s just a shame so many EB AND OTHER DOGS passed away you bring your dog in for some cleaning he doesn’t even make it such a sad story then they think they can offer you money to make the pain go away no amount of money can heal that kind of pain I hope they get what’s coming to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
"But Link Uncertain"
I'll take a stab at it...
Hiring anyone and giving them sharp tools, a really hot heater/blower, a noose mounted to a table, & ZERO training.
The last time we were at a PetsMart, will be the LAST TIME we were at...
We walked past the grooming area and saw a groomer walk away from a dog standing(and NOOSED) on a table to chat with another girl. That's a huge NONO! She should have been fired on the spot. But no, that behavior is allowed to happen and only addressed after a dog dies.
I hate PetsMart.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.