Really Joey?? No pumpkins....anywhere??

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Just had to share AND would like to hear other stories so that I KNOW that I am NOT ALONE :)

So I made a set of boxes that I wanted to use on my hearth, I had a few small pumpkins that I thought would be cute in one of the boxes. Well.....Joey had a totally different thought. As soon as I put the little pumpkins in the one box she WOULD NOT STOP barking at them. I went back to the garage to finish something and realized she was not with me, which she always is.....and there was NO BARKING....UH OH!! She grabbed a little pumpkin out of the box, had it on the carpet and was licking it all over HAHAHAHA Needless to say.....no pumpkins....anywhere :) SHARE STORIES PLEASE !!!

Boxes.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hahahaha...Louie barks and acts crazy anytime anything new comes into the house. We didn't have any pumpkins last year as we had just moved to a new house so we'll see what happens this year!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hahahaha...Louie barks and acts crazy anytime anything new comes into the house. We didn't have any pumpkins last year as we had just moved to a new house so we'll see what happens this year!

So glad King Louie and Joey have that in common :)

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OH!! Let me tell you, when Bob gets New work boots, Ellie has a FIT,and Barks her head off.

She does not like the new leather smell, so boots and box included.

We have to bring them in hide them in the hall closet, and SLOWLY introduce her to them :facepalm1:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OH!! Let me tell you, when Bob gets New work boots, Ellie has a FIT,and Barks her head off.

She does not like the new leather smell, so boots and box included.

We have to bring them in hide them in the hall closet, and SLOWLY introduce her to them :facepalm1:

That is hysterical!!! I am adding Ms. Ellie to the SO GLAD IT'S NOT JUST JOEY list :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love the boxes... so nice!

Unfortunately, I have no silly stories... we trained the guys as pups not to touch stuff so nothing is ever stolen. but, Lambeau is cautious of everything that is new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That was funny...Nope no stories...ahhhh n you thought I had a good one with Duke eh? Loll. No they both go up to the new object, Nyala first as chicken letā€™s the big sister go first (maybe heā€™s just smarter) smells the new object and walks away. Phew!!!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
NICE boxes! and yep, this boy of mine has to many 'bark his head off' over something new, that it could never end ;) These guys are so crazy. I sure love them and and hping for more stories :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Love the boxes... so nice!

Unfortunately, I have no silly stories... we trained the guys as pups not to touch stuff so nothing is ever stolen. but, Lambeau is cautious of everything that is new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!! the boxes were a blast to work on. I imagine decorating must be stress free at your house :) I was always cautious not to put anything within Joey's reach that would harm her.....but I never thought she would go after little pumpkins HAHAHA....I think they look like a ball to her :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
That was funny...Nope no stories...ahhhh n you thought I had a good one with Duke eh? Loll. No they both go up to the new object, Nyala first as chicken letā€™s the big sister go first (maybe heā€™s just smarter) smells the new object and walks away. Phew!!!!

Oh come on....HAHAHAHA I WAS hoping for a good Duke story Helene :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
NICE boxes! and yep, this boy of mine has to many 'bark his head off' over something new, that it could never end ;) These guys are so crazy. I sure love them and and hping for more stories :)

Thanks!! I want MORE STORIES TOO!! They must be out there......Hankster is going on the list :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
LMAO!!! Sounds like my house... my daughter just put this HUGE spiderweb w/3 spiders going down the stairwell. I told her not to go TOO crazy this year on Halloween... anyhoo, Walter is going to have a seizure when he sees that display :facepalm2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks!! the boxes were a blast to work on. I imagine decorating must be stress free at your house :) I was always cautious not to put anything within Joey's reach that would harm her.....but I never thought she would go after little pumpkins HAHAHA....I think they look like a ball to her :)

It is... Iā€™m lucky as I can place anything and both boys will sniff, investigate and we say ā€˜leave itā€™... they look at us sniff again and walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
LMAO!!! Sounds like my house... my daughter just put this HUGE spiderweb w/3 spiders going down the stairwell. I told her not to go TOO crazy this year on Halloween... anyhoo, Walter is going to have a seizure when he sees that display :facepalm2:

OMG I could not imagine what Joey would do TOO FUNNY!!!!! Wally ON THE LIST :)

- - - Updated - - -

It is... Iā€™m lucky as I can place anything and both boys will sniff, investigate and we say ā€˜leave itā€™... they look at us sniff again and walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only in my dreams Christine.....only in my DREAMS!!! LOL but LUCKY YOU! :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.