Collar or harness??

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys Iā€™m back at it with more questions lol so Iā€™ve been doing some research and still canā€™t decide which way to go I wanna be able to train my EB not to pull when on a walk some ppl say I should get a harness but Not sure I have some experience in training America Bullys and I found it best to train with a collar style leash combo any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys Iā€™m back at it with more questions lol so Iā€™ve been doing some research and still canā€™t decide which way to go I wanna be able to train my EB not to pull when on a walk some ppl say I should get a harness but Not sure I have some experience in training America Bullys and I found it best to train with a collar style leash combo any suggestions??

Training is best to use a collar... harness gives them more strength... martingale collar is best for training and corrections

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I have a smaller French bulldog, so a cheap harness from Aliexpress works fine for me, since she isn't strong enough to keep me from pulling her where I want her to go. Also, she tends to lie down on the road, so I can pick her up with the loop on the top of the harness. I keep a regular collar on her at all times, plus a harness on her when I go out . Some other people might chime in whether there are brands of front attaching harnesses that are good at correcting dog, eg. Balance Harness
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/20_4/features/Best-Dog-Harnesses-2017_21622-1.html

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I like the Martingale collar for training. I still use it on Louie except for when we go for longer walks on the beach or somewhere, then we use a Ruffwear harness.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Training is best to use a collar... harness gives them more strength... martingale collar is best for training and corrections

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I did some research and that the collar Iā€™m gonna get seems like it will work good

Members online

No members online now.