Elevated feeder

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey guys hope all is good with everyone and there EB I was just sitting here thinking about what kind of food bowl should I get my EB I know for sure stainless steel is the way to go just donā€™t know if I should get a elevated one or not Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some do use them, but I have never seen a need with my two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use elevated bowls for both my guys. My French bulldog needs one as he has spinal issues and has herniated discs in his neck so I just use one for Louie as well.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18623]Nelson318[/MENTION] Seeing as I have a dog addiction,and not alot of $$, My dogs all eat out of pyrex or Corning glass,bought at the thrift store,cleaned in bleach water before using. They do just fine, easy to clean, don't harbor bacteria, and the dogs are happy! Glass,ceramic, or stainless steel, are the best for not harboring germs and bacteria, and are easy to clean. Never plastic! My babies don't know that they are "poor!" :ROFL:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=18623]Nelson318[/MENTION] Seeing as I have a dog addiction,and not alot of $$, My dogs all eat out of pyrex or Corning glass,bought at the thrift store,cleaned in bleach water before using. They do just fine, easy to clean, don't harbor bacteria, and the dogs are happy! Glass,ceramic, or stainless steel, are the best for not harboring germs and bacteria, and are easy to clean. Never plastic! My babies don't know that they are "poor!" :ROFL:

You mentioning bleach made me think about use of bleach by food processing companies who spray beef and poultry carcasses with bleach to prevent bacteria from growing. https://www.ecowatch.com/5-dangerous-substances-big-ag-pumps-into-your-meat-1881903038.html

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] mentioned no need to spend big bucks. I bought elevated long time ago cause Duke is food fanatic. Elevate didnā€™t help so I got them spiral slow eater bowl. Takes him 2x longer. So instead of 15 seconds take 30 seconds loll

Ok seriously....Iā€™ve read a lot of elevated bowls can cause bloating and as we all know in dogs itā€™s extremely dangerous. Mostly on wide chested dogs... on the other hand it does happen to even dogs eating from the floor but less. Nyala is a very slow eater so elevated or not, she ainā€™t going to bloat n Iā€™m not buying anymore bowls... Duke eats from the floor n a spiral plastic bowl but it goes in the dishwasher daily. They both eat raw n a 1/2 block. Once in a while I can give acana kibbles if Iā€™m out of town.

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] mentioned no need to spend big bucks. I bought elevated long time ago cause Duke is food fanatic. Elevate didnā€™t help so I got them spiral slow eater bowl. Takes him 2x longer. So instead of 15 seconds take 30 seconds loll

Ok seriously....Iā€™ve read a lot of elevated bowls can cause bloating and as we all know in dogs itā€™s extremely dangerous. Mostly on wide chested dogs... on the other hand it does happen to even dogs eating from the floor but less. Nyala is a very slow eater so elevated or not, she ainā€™t going to bloat n Iā€™m not buying anymore bowls... Duke eats from the floor n a spiral plastic bowl but it goes in the dishwasher daily. They both eat raw n a 1/2 block. Once in a while I can give acana kibbles if Iā€™m out of town.

Ok thanks for the heads up I never new that there was a slow eater bowl I think Iā€™ll go that route

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok thanks for the heads up I never new that there was a slow eater bowl I think Iā€™ll go that route

If your little guy doesnā€™t eat fast like inhaling type, no need to get them bowls...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] we use old Pyrex glass dishes. Perfect.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.