Potty training !!!!!

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey hope everyone and there EBs are doing well. I need a few tips on the best way to potty train my EB pup also if he does so happen to have an accident at home whatā€™s the best way to eliminate the Oder so he doesnā€™t return back to the same spot to use the bathroom again and again smh
33f71539c072b73cbbc9ee52f6ab0322.png

bf5db7c3c952741cb1587b350c8b5285.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I normally would take my pups out about 10 min after eating each meal, and reinforce the GO POTTY... so they know what is expected of them. Make sure to praise them when they do their business, so they know that you prefer them going outside... Lol During the day I would take them outside every couple of hours, or if you notice them sniffing and circling a spot... the older they get, the longer they can hold it. Willow is actually trained in the bell method (which helps if you have a split level home). I have a bell attached to the door on a long string, and I would ring the bell and say GO POTTY and take her out. It finally clicked with her, and now she will ring the bell to go outside. Walter did NOT catch on to this method, he will just stand at the door looking outside until someone lets him out :facepalm2: UGH... it's trial and error w/these guys... Lol

I used a mix of white vinegar/water in a spray bottle to clean up the spots, and that does help w/the smell. There is a product called Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer, and that works pretty well on the carpets.

Good luck!!!

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
I normally would take my pups out about 10 min after eating each meal, and reinforce the GO POTTY... so they know what is expected of them. Make sure to praise them when they do their business, so they know that you prefer them going outside... Lol During the day I would take them outside every couple of hours, or if you notice them sniffing and circling a spot... the older they get, the longer they can hold it. Willow is actually trained in the bell method (which helps if you have a split level home). I have a bell attached to the door on a long string, and I would ring the bell and say GO POTTY and take her out. It finally clicked with her, and now she will ring the bell to go outside. Walter did NOT catch on to this method, he will just stand at the door looking outside until someone lets him out :facepalm2: UGH... it's trial and error w/these guys... Lol

I used a mix of white vinegar/water in a spray bottle to clean up the spots, and that does help w/the smell. There is a product called Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer, and that works pretty well on the carpets.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the information I havenā€™t got him yet heā€™s still to young just trying to do my due diligence so that Iā€™m Prepared for when he finally arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.