Bulldog Toys

JordBully

Jul 13, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi All,

We are trying to introduce more toys to Coco's playtime. She never really played as a puppy as we understand so is not massively into toys (she kind of just looks at them funny and is not sure what to do with them!)
Can anyone recommend any toys they have found their Bully's really enjoy?

Here is a little Pic of Coco from the weekend where she decided to take a dip in the local lake (not by choice stepped of the side not looking where she was walking! :mellow:)

Coco.png

Thanks,

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi there, first OMG Coco is adorable, her face and that look, I want to give her a big hug!!!

OK so toys.....Joey has ALWAYS had play time for an hour in the early evening, after work. She knows her toys :) One of her favorites is the Kong Jumbler Ball (they sell on Amazon) and she LOVES the cheap plush toys from the dollar store! Of all things.....she love to just suck on them and never rips them up....believe it or not :)

JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
Hello Jord Bully,
Coco*s face really is adorable! What age is she?
It seems like Bulldogs are really different when it comes to the choise of toys.
When I adopted my dog he wouldn*t play with anything and I thought that he*s too old to teach him.:unsure: He didnt want to skate and wasnt interested in playing football. But then I noticed that he really loves chewing on things and biting and pulling them. He likes to fight over a rope with me, and when he wins he takes it to his bed and chews it.
To get him busy when I have to let him alone a few hours I take a plastic bottle and cut little holes into it and put dry food in it. So he walks around my room rolling the bottle around with his paws and his nose, so the food falls out slowly. :D
I saw that self-made toy on the internet and I think it*s a great thing to get him buisy.

This is how it works:
descarga (2).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl wasn’t much for toys... soft rubber ball was a favorite as were moose antlers and raw marrow bones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie destroys every toy we get.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Nylabones and Lacrosse Balls are staples at our house.

OP
J

JordBully

Jul 13, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi JohnSnow,

Thank you for the above that is really interesting we will give it a try today and see how we get on with Coco! I will keep you posted!
She is four years old and turns 5 next month! We rescued her about three months ago and she is our first bully! I have to say it was the best decision we ever made.
:)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is not into toys. The only thing he plays with is an old OJ bottle (take the top off). It is sturdier than a water bottle. He also likes nylabones.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Did you try thick dog ropes? My Tank loves to chew them, and when they are properly soaked with saliva, cold and slimy, he comes and puts it on my lap saying “now it’s time to play tug of war, Mom”...:bad:
and, of course, balls, lately we discovered lacrosse balls and they are really indestructible !

OP
J

JordBully

Jul 13, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thank you all! We have gone with the Kong option, some strong dog ropes and JohnSnow's idea of the home made toy! We will keep you updated on our progress,
Thanks again

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.