JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
Hello guys,
I found this site and thought maby somebody expert can help me to identify if my dog actually is a bulldog or what kind of breeds have been mixed.

First I would like to explain my personal situation: My name is Judith I am german and after a social developing program I have lived in Bolivia (South America) for the last 5 years. So sorry for the bad spelling, I am starting to forget this beautiful lenguage because of talking spanish all the time:D. So two years ago I adopted a dog, because his owners wouldnt have him anymore.

I do not no much about Bulldogs, but I think he has some traits of this breed. But I also noticed, that he doesnt look too much like the other bulldogs I saw, so I guess he isnt a pure bulldog.
So that doesnt really matter to me, but here comes the problem:

If I would like to take my dog to germany there are some strict rules about the breeds. There is a list of "dangerous dog-breeds" and if you own one of them - even if its only a crossbreed- you need a licence, and I am not sure if you can import them from other countries.

Now I learned that the "olde english bulldog" for example is mixed with pit bull sometimes.

So I would like to ask you if you can help me to recognice what kind of breed is my dog? I would be very grateful!

About my dog:

High:46 cm - 18 inches?
Weight: 22 Kg - 48,5 pounds?

IMG_20180104_175454.jpgIMG-20170926-WA0023.jpgIMG-20180305-WA0008.jpegIMG_20180913_214654[1].jpgIMG_20180913_214713[1].jpg

Thank you:):):)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He looks like a bulldog to me and a handsome one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi and welcome! To me your bully looks like a perfectly purebred English bulldog. He or she is actually as close to a breed standard as it could be. I cannot even name one trait in her face or his/her body that looks not perfectly English-bulldog - like. His/her looks are actually so good that he /she could be used for breeding if he/she had documents.
I cannot imagine any problem with importing your dog into EU. No one can say that he/she has other than EB blood.
Go ahead and prepare papers, you will need for him rabies vaccination and certificate of titers of antibodies. It can take some time, couple of months.

OP
JohnSnow

JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
Thank you very much for the comments! It makes me happy to hear, that he looks like a Bulldog to you people ho know about the breed!

OP
JohnSnow

JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
Hello Lalaloopsie,
She is a he :eek: Everyone thinks he is a female because he is really small and allso I made him sterilize ( or castrate? Sorry I dont know the word). I guess my fotos also didnt help to see that hes a male :D
When I first got him he has had some behaviour problems and he doesnt have any papers so my vet told me it would be better to castrate him.
And after about two weeks I noticed that my dog is completely deaf :( and suffers of epilepsy. - So I guess that is why his former owners put him in to adoption.
I dont know if that is a genetic thing but I thougt it would be better not to breed.
The vet told me it would be better to castrate him. Is that true? I dont know how much I can trust in the vet, the educacion for being a vet in Bolivia isnt so good I think.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello Lalaloopsie,
She is a he :eek: Everyone thinks he is a female because he is really small and allso I made him sterilize ( or castrate? Sorry I dont know the word). I guess my fotos also didnt help to see that hes a male :D
When I first got him he has had some behaviour problems and he doesnt have any papers so my vet told me it would be better to castrate him.
And after about two weeks I noticed that my dog is completely deaf :( and suffers of epilepsy. - So I guess that is why his former owners put him in to adoption.
I dont know if that is a genetic thing but I thougt it would be better not to breed.
The vet told me it would be better to castrate him. Is that true? I dont know how much I can trust in the vet, the educacion for being a vet in Bolivia isnt so good I think.

Don’t get him castrated. Just get him neutered if you want him to be fix. No need for castration.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That boy is all Bulldog...he checks all the right boxes.
flat face
correct height
correct color
rose ears
a little food stuck to his face
sassy attitude

You got a good one there.

OP
JohnSnow

JohnSnow

Sep 13, 2018
Country
Bolivia
Bulldog(s) Names
John Snow
That boy is all Bulldog...he checks all the right boxes.
flat face
correct height
correct color
rose ears
a little food stuck to his face
sassy attitude

You got a good one there.
:D:D:D
Thank you to all of you, now I feel much more secure about taking him with me!:excited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... all bulldog!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
He's a beautiful dog and he certainly looks like a bulldog. You may already have thought of this but if you plan to take him to Germany, you need to check what airlines will take him across the Atlantic as most may not fly bulldogs (because of potential breathing problems).

Best of luck! And welcome to the forum from Castor & Co.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
well let's see. If you observe any of these following things, you might just have a bulldog:

selective hearing:
Bulldog does not respond unless he wants to but will be on his toes the minute he hear a biscuit tin can being opened a mile away.

snoring;
Loud snoring like sleeping next to a tractor.

constant butt wipes:
yes it is like having a baby, but you need to wipe them arse or around the arse to keep them from getting pocket tail infection

vet becoming a member of your extended family:
you make frequent trips to the vet that the Vet becomes a Godfather to your first born son

need food often:
no matter how much you feed him, it is not enough.

bravest dog in the block:
if he lets out a fierce bark when the mailman rings the bell, he might just be a bulldog. It does not matter who it is, he barks out loud to protect this household. However, once the intruder makes it in, he will probably lick him to death and leads the intruder to all your good stuff... It's all good.

bulldog is the breed that has the closest dna to humans. He watches tv, plays and entertain himself, walks and runs awkwardly, sits with his legs crossed, grunts when you talk to him, uses a skateboard, etc.

Natural comeidians: If you find them to be truly adorable without trying and you find yourself laughing while they move, you might just own a bulldog.

If he gives you the side eye. If he gives you the dirty look for delays in giving him treats, you might just have a bulldog in your hands.

If he sticks his tongue out to you, seems like continuously mocking you for being late in giving him his treats, you might just own a bulldog.

Deceptive looks. My neighbor frankly told me that my bulldog looks fierce and scary. She had a change of heart once she touched him. Because they look stocky, top heavy, they must be aggressive. nope nope nope. Bulldogs are lovers not a fighter.

Nonetheless, once you own a bulldog, there's no turning back, you will always own a bulldog.:)

080618.jpg

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
well let's see. If you observe any of these following things, you might just have a bulldog:

selective hearing:
Bulldog does not respond unless he wants to but will be on his toes the minute he hear a biscuit tin can being opened a mile away.

snoring;
Loud snoring like sleeping next to a tractor.

constant butt wipes:
yes it is like having a baby, but you need to wipe them arse or around the arse to keep them from getting pocket tail infection

vet becoming a member of your extended family:
you make frequent trips to the vet that the Vet becomes a Godfather to your first born son

need food often:
no matter how much you feed him, it is not enough.

bravest dog in the block:
if he lets out a fierce bark when the mailman rings the bell, he might just be a bulldog. It does not matter who it is, he barks out loud to protect this household. However, once the intruder makes it in, he will probably lick him to death and leads the intruder to all your good stuff... It's all good.

bulldog is the breed that has the closest dna to humans. He watches tv, plays and entertain himself, walks and runs awkwardly, sits with his legs crossed, grunts when you talk to him, uses a skateboard, etc.

Natural comeidians: If you find them to be truly adorable without trying and you find yourself laughing while they move, you might just own a bulldog.

If he gives you the side eye. If he gives you the dirty look for delays in giving him treats, you might just have a bulldog in your hands.

If he sticks his tongue out to you, seems like continuously mocking you for being late in giving him his treats, you might just own a bulldog.

Deceptive looks. My neighbor frankly told me that my bulldog looks fierce and scary. She had a change of heart once she touched him. Because they look stocky, top heavy, they must be aggressive. nope nope nope. Bulldogs are lovers not a fighter.

Nonetheless, once you own a bulldog, there's no turning back, you will always own a bulldog.:)

View attachment 113883

Well there you have it! Lol....
1000% that I have a bulldog!!

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
Lol, before I scrolled down to see the pictures, I was expecting to see a tall pointy face pit bull mix. Your boy is all English Bulldog!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.