Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So Bella has been licking her back left paw for the last few days. I looked at it and am not sure whatā€™s bothering her. Maybe a bite? It is red like from her licking it. But only the one paw so I donā€™t think itā€™s an allergy thing (because she would be licking all paws??). Thinking maybe something with her nail? She is not limping at all.
8EB75726-0FAC-4BAF-9EE9-4F810D780905.jpeg
Tried to get a picture but canā€™t get a good one. And we have a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
The marked area looks weepy and irritated. She may have damaged her nail. If it continues it might be time to see her Vet.

EE57946D-73DD-491A-A93A-93134238C9B3.jpeg

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The marked area looks weepy and irritated. She may have damaged her nail. If it continues it might be time to see her Vet.

View attachment 113853

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. Is there anything I can do before I can get her to the vet to make her feel a little better?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Also looks like dried blood on nail... keep it clean to avoid infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I agree, looks like something is going on with the nail.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Neosporin ointment with pain reliever.
Nail is probably broken at the bed. That will take a long time to heal fully but isn't life threatening in the least.
Is she in pain or just licking at it cuz it's bothersome? Limping?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Let her feet soak in the pool. Chlorine will clean it out. Dry it out... then add Neosporin like Chip said.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Neosporin ointment with pain reliever.
Nail is probably broken at the bed. That will take a long time to heal fully but isn't life threatening in the least.
Is she in pain or just licking at it cuz it's bothersome? Limping?

Let her feet soak in the pool. Chlorine will clean it out. Dry it out... then add Neosporin like Chip said.

No limping at all! Just licking it. Seems she is licking the whole foot (all of her little toes) so I am wondering if she got into ants or something , maybe got bit?? Or maybe she just canā€™t get the one toe. Lol.....
Thanks Iā€™ll see if I have some neosporin.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
No limping at all! Just licking it. Seems she is licking the whole foot (all of her little toes) so I am wondering if she got into ants or something , maybe got bit?? Or maybe she just canā€™t get the one toe. Lol.....
Thanks Iā€™ll see if I have some neosporin.

poor baby,,, sounds good to do the pool soak thing and I you don't have Neosporin, and have to purchase, they do have one that sais "pain" on it as well. Ya might look for that one.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
poor baby,,, sounds good to do the pool soak thing and I you don't have Neosporin, and have to purchase, they do have one that sais "pain" on it as well. Ya might look for that one.

Thank you! She was in the pool for a bit this afternoon so hopefully itā€™s pretty clean. I put some neosporin in her foot. Hopefully the vet will make her more comfortable tomorrow. Like I said she isnā€™t limping or acting like it hurts and of course didnā€™t want me touching it at all.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So the vet says her nail is broken and her toe is swollen. She said she has to sedate her (for about 5 mins) cut the nail back and cortirize it. Then she said sheā€™d send her home with some pain meds and possibly an anabiotic. Since her appointment was so late today they want me to bring her back in tomorrow at 8 AM so they can do it and she can be home by the afternoon. Any thoughts? [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION]
D6E3BA14-C4BE-456E-9750-885A1E746BAB.jpeg
My girl... I am kind of afraid to have her sedated..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So the vet says her nail is broken and her toe is swollen. She said she has to sedate her (for about 5 mins) cut the nail back and cortirize it. Then she said sheā€™d send her home with some pain meds and possibly an anabiotic. Since her appointment was so late today they want me to bring her back in tomorrow at 8 AM so they can do it and she can be home by the afternoon. Any thoughts? [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION]
View attachment 113864

Ouch!! Poor girl..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sounds painful. I have no experience on this but if it's causing her pain and this is the best option, I would probably do it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 113864

Not much you can do for a broken nail. Spray pure colloidal silver on it and put a sock on so she doesnā€™t lick it off. Do it like 3x a day.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not much you can do for a broken nail. Spray pure colloidal silver on it and put a sock on so she doesnā€™t lick it off. Do it like 3x a day.

So are you saying to not have them cut the nail back and I can just spray it. Will it eventually fall off?

Sounds painful. I have no experience on this but if it's causing her pain and this is the best option, I would probably do it.

I know I feel bad. I just am not sure about the sedating part. She said it would only be for 5 minutes.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.