Smells and carpet

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I remember you said you were so happy the tenants were moving in with an English bulldog. LOL I'll paste that message below:
Re: One of the Oldest Living English Bulldogs, our boy Guhrka, age 16, record breaker?

I agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION], dont change nothing. Great job! Maybe tell us about them with photos would be fantastic!

Btw, one of my tenant that just moved in a house has an English Bulldog. If im not mistaken shes 13. She still runs up n down the stairs n plays non stop! So happy I have a bully owner as tenant.

Crap I know!!!! Lollll

I know itā€™s the EB that smelled up the carpets. I have no carpets at my house but every few days I smell that aroma these EB gages. As soon as I walk in the house I smell it if the dogs bedding are washed after 3days. Once washed there is no more smell. Itā€™s them buggers lolll.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Crap I know!!!! Lollll

I know itā€™s the EB that smelled up the carpets. I have no carpets at my house but every few days I smell that aroma these EB gages. As soon as I walk in the house I smell it if the dogs bedding are washed after 3days. Once washed there is no more smell. Itā€™s them buggers lolll.

Would you say English Bulldogs ( and French Bulldogs ) smell worse than other dogs? I find my dog smells even a few days after I wash her. I thought it's because she has allergies which are much better now that she's on raw food but maybe all bulldogs smell ? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] for their opinions on this as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Would you say English Bulldogs ( and French Bulldogs ) smell worse than other dogs? I find my dog smells even a few days after I wash her. I thought it's because she has allergies which are much better now that she's on raw food but maybe all bulldogs smell ? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] for their opinions on this as well.

Iā€™ve had dogs all my life. They never smelled like Duke or Nyala. Noooo way near. I washed my dogs 2x a year outside in the summers or fall. My GS has longer hair, never smelled. My dobbies, never smelled, Samoyed, nope...I can go on but you get my drift lol....will have to admit, Nyala doesnā€™t smell like Duke. I wash them on regular basis to. A few days later Duke smells like I never washed him. Lol...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

No... my boys do not have any odor on a daily basis, but get some if outside a lot. My sisters GSDs are odor houndsā€”UGH!

Having worked at a dog daycare, the worst werenā€™t breed specific, it usually was just the dog. Could be just like humans.. body chemistry plays a role in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
None of our current 5 have any more odor than the other. Zoey, however, is a SUPER GREASE BALL. Less than a week after bathing her in Dawn(twice) she'll be greasy as can be. Very odd.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Actually, only one of my EBD's has an odor. She is the most recent rescue, and is apparently always licking her feet, and scratching. I think it is environmental. Try my best to wipe her down,and she gets a shot,to ease. Never had this problem with the others! They all get supplement and yogurt.

Members online

No members online now.