Advice Wanted... buying puppy with one eye?!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. I too am excited to see photos of the little one. I hope the vet's office says everything will be okay and he is yours forever. Since you rescue hedgehogs, your heart is defiantly with animals. How cool to have the opportunity to rescue and get a Hedgehog back on track. Nothing like that here in good old Florida. I do have a future daughter-in- law that rescues birds via a local rescue, she is hatching owls as we speak, so cool.

Keep us updated and you better get the photos up soon, you will be hounded.:lol: Again WELCOME or should I say "the British are coming, the British are coming" [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION]

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also can't wait to see photos of the pup! Welcome to EBN. Hope you decide you like it here! Have you ever gotten stuck by a hedgehog? I wonder if it's anything like a cactus? You should call your little one Sailor. As in Popeye!

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there [MENTION=81]sophie[/MENTION]22 you could not have found a friendler site :)
wow a puppy so come on whats your baby boy called?? is he settling in?? and where are the photos??
and I wouldnt mind photos of your hedgehog too :) We have hedgehogs in my mums back garden and feed them regularly
one actually hibernated in her disused rabbit hutch this time soooo cute
oh I'm up in Saddleworth by the way....welcome!!
our American friends here are the best you will ever find :)
anything you want or need to know ask away! you will get good answers :)

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] Thanks for explaining...That's cool that they can be nurtured and released again into the wild. When we went to Topsail Island years ago...they had a place for Sea Turtles. Though I understand this was an idividual and not a facility. It is cool that they can be rehabilitated and released.

Over here...they are pets. They are cute...but after researching...Not the pet for us. Glad the hedgehog will be able to be released into the wild again soon. YAY!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:heart:Sophie I am so happy you got Him. It takes a special person to look past the physical! You know? bulldogs have all kinds of problems, thats why we try to be proactive and prevent rather than fix. I guarantee you this dog will bring so much love into your life:luv:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome Sophie! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new little guy, and the rest of your crew too!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Hi Sophie! Welcome to EBN! We love all kinds of animals...bullies, cats, small animals etc...doesn't matter if they are purebred, Heinz57....registered with AKC or CKC or whoever. Papers really don't prove anything about a dog, other then ownership! Unless you're going to show an animal, it's just a piece of paper.
I see dogs everyday who are not registered and are not purebred....and a lot of them are smarter and better dogs then some of the registered ones I've seen...

Anyway, we are very glad that you are here and if you have any questions or need any advice, please feel free to ask any of us here....if we can't answer your question, we will find an answer for you. :up:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Right, well I went to see him, The seller has told me that if after a vet check I am not happy for whatever reason that I can indeed return him to her, that way he will not be in home after home the poor boy. So, I have him here now, his first night went really well and he has been an angel :)

I will post some pics later on.

Darlene, In response to your post...

The hedgehog is not some sort of 'pet' I got him from a charity (norwich hedgehog ) they take in hedgehogs that are sick or underweight and so would die if they went into hibernation, People like me have them in their homes to keep them warm and prevent hibernation and feed them up over the winter ready to be released back where they belong come spring / summer...I live in Norfolk in the UK, right in the countryside.... there are plenty of 'safe' places for him when the time comes.

Obviously he didnt come with papers no, I purely wanted to know that what she had said to me was correct and that there wasnt any other underlying issues with his health, she has given me this and so NO he will not be 'passed on'.
The litter was not an 'oops litter' as you put it, but obviously his acccident was. They have already sold all but one more pup now, which was the one she had originally told me about before mentioning the little man I have here.
For somewhere where the fact he isnt 100% pedigree didnt matter earlier, it sure feels like it does now. Sorry if I have taken your response the wrong way, but I think you have been harsh and quite rude to me with the way you have spoken about both the hedgehog and this pup. But anyway, thats really irrelevant, I hope I have answered your queries.

Sophie x

I am sorry to took me harsh...It's just we did research on hedgehogs...and I read they needed soaked to get poop off their feet when they ran on their exercise wheel. I did not really pay attention to the location they were from. I was fascinated that you had them in your neck of the woods...I never mean to come across rude. I thought it rather cool!

And...I'm sorry you took my comment about your dog not being a registered dog badly...One of the best dogs we've ever had the joy of having shared our lives with...was a collie/shepherd mix. He was the healthiest and best dog behavior wise a person could ever wish for. He was a rescue...and was abused...and I honestly wonder if they don't sometimes try harder to be better when it was never their fault to begin with to be abused.

I missed this post and it was just brought to my attention. I am truly sorry I came across and seemed rude or hurtful. That was never my intention. Again...I truly hope you accept my apology.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, my! I bet he is so sweet! We can't wait to see pictures and hear about how he is settling in. Did you choose a name yet? I would love to see pictures of your other animals as well. We are picture hogs here. :)

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.