My Guard Birds, Not Guard Dogs

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Tonight I had a scare, well we all had a scare. My Husband is at a football game, I worked late at home. We live in Texas, we have a gun, have never raised it to anyone and I donā€™t like it. Well someone after dark rings my doorbell several times. I do not answer the door if I do not know you are coming, this is due to a scary event years ago. Canelo and my pug Lola start barking, nothing out of the ordinary.

I have two parrots, a 27 year old green Cheek Amazon (Buddy) and a 5 year old African Gray (Buzz). Their cages are at the backyard window, and the blinds were open. I suddenly hear the birds start flapping and calling, at this point I knew we had an issue. Buddy was in full beast mode at the window. Canelo and Lola were in the bathroom with me acting tough.

It turned out to be a cousin coming by and he confessed to coming in the backyard. Canelo stuck close to me the whole time. I always say heā€™s got the looks but heā€™s a lover. Buddy on the other hand, look out. Canelo was disturbed too so if the issue had been very serious I think he would have taken action. Also I never pulled the gun. I donā€™t like guns, I think I would be OK with a taser though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tonight I had a scare, well we all had a scare. My Husband is at a football game, I worked late at home. We live in Texas, we have a gun, have never raised it to anyone and I donā€™t like it. Well someone after dark rings my doorbell several times. I do not answer the door if I do not know you are coming, this is due to a scary event years ago. Canelo and my pug Lola start barking, nothing out of the ordinary.

I have two parrots, a 27 year old green Cheek Amazon (Buddy) and a 5 year old African Gray (Buzz). Their cages are at the backyard window, and the blinds were open. I suddenly hear the birds start flapping and calling, at this point I knew we had an issue. Buddy was in full beast mode at the window. Canelo and Lola were in the bathroom with me acting tough.

It turned out to be a cousin coming by and he confessed to coming in the backyard. Canelo stuck close to me the whole time. I always say heā€™s got the looks but heā€™s a lover. Buddy on the other hand, look out. Canelo was disturbed too so if the issue had been very serious I think he would have taken action. Also I never pulled the gun. I donā€™t like guns, I think I would be OK with a taser though.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy cow! That cousin would of gotten a good smack behind the head lolll. My sister has a parrot. I swear I would never mess around with them birds. You should tell buddy n buzz to teach da mutts how to protect momma.. lol

Glad everyoneā€™s ok! And yes I sure would prefer a taser...one like 200watts!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
OMG what an ordeal! You should have a nice glass of wine after it! And cousin owes you a bouquet of flowers!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I would've freaked out!!! Tell the cousin to call first... Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Di you let the birds loose on the cousin!! Jesus, that would have had me awake for days

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am glad it wasn't anything serious!! Its nice to have pets that will alert you but thing like a Ring video doorbell are nice also so you can see who's at the door. I hope I never have to use any of my guns for self defense and hope none of you all will either. Best thing to do is hunker down somewhere and not search the house for the intruder and hope if someone you know enters the house they let their presence be known in case you have your gun out ready to use

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yikes!!!! I don't like night time visitors!! neither does Hank! Had a nock at my window once, hank and the chi went nuts. I heard the guy (later to be discovered as a homeless man) saying as he walked away "yea, I hear those dogs" . Wonder how he would have felt with birds screeching as well? Glad all turned out ok. so sad that its such a changed world these days :(

Members online

No members online now.