Both of my boy's necks are bigger then their heads....

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Kevin has a julius-k9 harness we use for walks... but he hates it. It's big, bulky (size 3) and he just lays down and goes 'boneless' when you try to put it on him.

We have to board him (and Molly) for the first time this Friday, and I'm wondering if I should just have them keep the harness on him the 2 days we are gone. It's impossible to keep a collar on his neck and I worry he'll be fussy and the 'handle' will come in handy. At the same time, i worry he'll be too hot with that big heavy harness on 24/7.

Has anybody kept a julius-k9 harness on for extended an time?

(Molly already has her bags packed and is waiting at the door... she'll be fine)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am assuming you are boarding them in a Kennels so I very much doubt if they will let you keep a harness on for safety reasons. Every one I have ever boarded at always took collars etc. off so they don't get hung up on something.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree... it's probably best if they don't wear their harnesses for long periods of time. Those Julius ones are pretty heavy.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Its not really a kennel... they'll be in a large 10x6 private room with a couch, beds and a TV for background noise. They get played with every few hours and private time out in the 'yard' twice a day. I assume they will keep the collars off... heaven help them try to move that tub-o-lard when he doesn't want to.

I really hate the idea of boarding them but it's my son's first football game (ESPN @ 7:45pm PST.. parent brag). We'll be traveling a bunch following the team and hopefully found a good 'weekend getaway' for the poochies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Its not really a kennel... they'll be in a large 10x6 private room with a couch, beds and a TV for background noise. They get played with every few hours and private time out in the 'yard' twice a day. I assume they will keep the collars off... heaven help them try to move that tub-o-lard when he doesn't want to.

I really hate the idea of boarding them but it's my son's first football game (ESPN @ 7:45pm PST.. parent brag). We'll be traveling a bunch following the team and hopefully found a good 'weekend getaway' for the poochies.

Congrats on the son and his first game... hope they won! I used to work at a dog daycare... we always removed collars and harness when they arrived -- went away for the day or if extended stay and not placed back on till they left.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Congrats on the son and his first game... hope they won! I used to work at a dog daycare... we always removed collars and harness when they arrived -- went away for the day or if extended stay and not placed back on till they left.

Overdue update... They did remove the collars (which makes sense). However, Kevin didn't want to go back into his room once and they did have to use the harness to 'handle' him (get it.. cuz the harness has a handle). Both Kevin and Molly seemed to have a great time. Molly is still recovering from her ACL injury and they did a great job making sure she didn't overexert herself (or jump from a couch onto a pile of dachshunds).

We are off to Camp Randall (Madison, WI) this weekend to be crushed by the Badgers... at least I'll know the dogs will be having fun during their 2nd stay :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Overdue update... They did remove the collars (which makes sense). However, Kevin didn't want to go back into his room once and they did have to use the harness to 'handle' him (get it.. cuz the harness has a handle). Both Kevin and Molly seemed to have a great time. Molly is still recovering from her ACL injury and they did a great job making sure she didn't overexert herself (or jump from a couch onto a pile of dachshunds).

We are off to Camp Randall (Madison, WI) this weekend to be crushed by the Badgers... at least I'll know the dogs will be having fun during their 2nd stay :)

Happy it all went well and Mollie is recuperating nicely! safe travels .. enjoy the game

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.