ITS TIME TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
My EB is 6 almost 7 months and now i have to make a decision if i want him neuter or not they told me at 8 months is best for him if i decided to do it. So my question is how you guys made that decision??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My EB is 6 almost 7 months and now i have to make a decision if i want him neuter or not they told me at 8 months is best for him if i decided to do it. So my question is how you guys made that decision??

Some will tell you 6months, 8 months or a year or not till he shows sign of territorial IF any. To be honest there is NO true answer. Iā€™ve learned my lesson getting males neutered or castrated. Never again. Duke my white has a vasectomy. Now this is MY opinion after owning only male dogs all my life, Iā€™m a firm believer all males just like females should go through hormones and all. There is absolutely no proof or solid studies dogs live longer or have a better life if neutered/spayed. In Europe dogs are NO way neutered or spayed like here on the western side of the planet. The vets on the western side donā€™t think out of the box as we say. Very often people will say they turn aggressive if not neutered. Iā€™ve seen tons of neutered dogs aggressive. My GS was castrated and turned extremely aggressive as he was getting older. Something clicked in his head even though he was very well trained. But thatā€™s another story.... itā€™s up to each owner what they want to do and at what age. Hang on other members will give you their input as Iā€™m not the right person to answer you. Iā€™m simply not a believer in neutering.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I never neuter or spay unless there is a medical problem that requires it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had Walter neutered at 3 because he became aggressive towards the males in our house... it was bad enough that I had several trainers come in. He did change after neutering, and became much more like his ol' self. IF you are a responsible pet owner (meaning you don't let you're dog run around freely) I don't see any reason WHY you have to have him neutered. Most people on here neuter because of behavioral or health issues... and IMO you can wait till he gets older.

Plato

Aug 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Plato
do NOT neuter. and esp not at such a young age; you basically stop vital hormone production and as such prevent correct development.

there is no need to neuter in most cases except to allow the vet to make money off of you while harming your friend.

also consider a raw diet for your dog with as few carbs as possible.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
If you are going to neuter, it would best to wait as long as possible to let their growth plates finish growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Iā€™m against neutering as now there is data about bad health effects of neutering (some cancers, growth restriction). In Europe most male dogs are left intact unless they are overly aggressive, excessively hump or mark, prone to running away (not for bulldogs, though:no:But neutering isnā€™t a guarantee of positive behavioural changes. If you decide to neuter, I would recommend to do it later, after 1yo or even 2 yo. Then development is over.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL INPUTS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT I KNOW EVERBODY HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINIONS BUT I WILL NOT MAKE ANY DECISION YET SINCE HE STILL TOO SMALL AND DONT WANT TO REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE. I WANT THE BEST FOR HIS HEALTH. THANKS AGAIN

Plato

Aug 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Plato
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL INPUTS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT I KNOW EVERBODY HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINIONS BUT I WILL NOT MAKE ANY DECISION YET SINCE HE STILL TOO SMALL AND DONT WANT TO REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE. I WANT THE BEST FOR HIS HEALTH. THANKS AGAIN

THE BEST FOR HIS HEALTH IS TO KEEP HIM INTACT AND PRODUCING HEALTHY LEVELS OF HORMONES THROUGHOUT HIS ENTIRE LIFETIME AS YOU FEED HIM RAW DIET. THE REST IS GETTING YOUR VET PAID NEEDLESSLY ON UNHEALTHY PROCEDURE AND PUTTING YOUR FURRY FRIEND IN CARB COMA IF YOU FOLLOW VET'S FEEDING ADVICE.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Oh yeah firts its my dogs health and want him to grow big healthy and happy with all his body parts intacts......So ive been hearing this "Raw Diet " what is it ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

It is truely a personal decison, if doing it, never under the age of 8 months for a male. As others have said, wait as close as you can to age 2. As for raw feeding... just that, raw meat, bone, veggies, supplements. I buy it prepared and frozen sent to my home. Others here do all the preparing and freezing them selves.

OP
Bottii12

Bottii12

Jul 9, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Boti
Im def waiting untill his much older im
Not doing anything for right now. Ohh i seee idk about the raw meat but raw veggies eill def be something i would try. Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Im def waiting untill his much older im
Not doing anything for right now. Ohh i seee idk about the raw meat but raw veggies eill def be something i would try. Thanks

If youā€™re wanting to do veggies make sure theyā€™re quite small so they donā€™t choke and there are a few you should avoid thereā€™s a list on the site somewhere Iā€™ll try to find it but a few of the ones that jump out our grapes, raisins, onions.

You could also look into The Honest Kitchen or Spot Farms.. It is Rall dehydrated food and you have a choice of buying it with the protein or without and adding your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.