OK Then...Moving On Collar-wise

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
After much deliberation and research and advice asking, Iā€™ve decided against getting a new wider collar.
I have long wanted a Julius K9 harness. I am not sure if he is old enough to shell out the $$$$. I have no idea if he will keep growing and if so how much heā€™ll grow.

Ollie was at the vetā€™s yesterday. He is 14 months old and weighs 55lbs. The vet did not say he was fat so I didnā€™t bring the subject up. She said he had ā€œa great bully physique.ā€ Heā€™s incredibly healthy, no allergies, doesnā€™t drool, never passes gas. I know Iā€™m so lucky.

Anyway, for the harness, the only measurement they use is girth. Ollie I think if he were a person would maybe be short. Doesnā€™t it matter for the harness how long the dog is. Couldnā€™t a harness be too long or to short for a dogā€™s back? He also has what appears to me to be a very broad chest. Doesnā€™t this matter?

I really have my heart set on the harness in the photo. According to the size chart he should wear a size 2. Do you think he would outgrow it this next year? I am including his exact body measurement. As always, I value your expert advice.
Girth. 31ā€
Chest. 13ā€
Length neck to tail. 17ā€
Neck. 23ā€

Dana

d12b680be2f01a0470684a29805425d6.png

6daffe18eaceb6d6deb7fb8e95cf3b29.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He will still widen... up first year, out second year and then third year you see some changes to head. A size two should be good

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Sandy says find a retailer close by and have one fitted. A tiny bit loose is fine, he will grow into it. Expect to get another in a matter of months not years. If that doesnā€™t happen then great! I can see that Ollieā€™s going to be a big ole slug of a bulldog...and thatā€™s a very good thing. Itā€™s been fun following him for the past year.

I still miss Daphne. :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have a 0 for Willow and Walter is wearing a 1... honestly he could use a 2, but I'm hoping to get his slimmed down this fall.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Sandy says find a retailer close by and have one fitted. A tiny bit loose is fine, he will grow into it. Expect to get another in a matter of months not years. If that doesnā€™t happen then great! I can see that Ollieā€™s going to be a big ole slug of a bulldog...and thatā€™s a very good thing. Itā€™s been fun following him for the past year.

I still miss Daphne. :(

I miss sweet Daphne every day. I try to not compare Ollie to Daphne. They are very different dogs. Daphne was busy busy busy. She was such a funny girl. Ollie is zzzzzzz. Heā€™s very serious. Heā€™s not the least bit independent. He and Daphne both share a love of lizard hunting, but Ollie has yet to ever catch one. My favorite photo of Daphne is below.

d0a8ffe56142d847b987552e9267d851.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I miss sweet Daphne every day. I try to not compare Ollie to Daphne. They are very different dogs. Daphne was busy busy busy. She was such a funny girl. Ollie is zzzzzzz. Heā€™s very serious. Heā€™s not the least bit independent. He and Daphne both share a love of lizard hunting, but Ollie has yet to ever catch one. My favorite photo of Daphne is below.

d0a8ffe56142d847b987552e9267d851.jpg

Love her!!! So amazing how they touch our hearts in such different ways!

Members online

No members online now.