Chester's vet visit..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
my boy got his "big boy" shots! He tipped the scale at 54.5 lbs. The vet said he looked excellent - he wasn't a "noisy breather" like many bullies he's seen and his weight was perfect :up: He has some pink in between his toes - so he told us to put Gold Bond powder on them..and a yeast infection in his one ear, so he's on some medicine for that.

The funniest thing - we put him up on the metal table and the look on his face was pure terror :eek: My poor boy - he's afraid of everything. :*( He got his shot in his bum.. a couple treats and he was good to go. It was 60 degrees out today for the first time all spring so he got to hang his head out the window today.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Bully for Chester!!! Sounds like he is a very healthy boy. I wonder what bothers him about the metal table, the height? that it is cool? his toenails on it?

Don't you love those 60 degree days finally!

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Bully for Chester!!! Sounds like he is a very healthy boy. I wonder what bothers him about the metal table, the height? that it is cool? his toenails on it?

Don't you love those 60 degree days finally!

No.. he was just scared to be up there... being on a metal table is not his "normal" thing. He is the most frightened dog I have EVER seen when it comes to something being out of the "norm". I spilled a bunch of nuts on the floor and brought the broom out.. he did the "Fred Flintstone run" trying to get out of there fast enough. And truly, we've never swatted him with the broom or anything - as a matter of fact, he never gets punished :eek: he's horribly spoiled and gets away with everything :whistle:

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Good for Him!!!:heart: Did you know he had an ear infection? Did he gave you any signs? just wondering

Yes.. when we cleaned his one ear the past few days.. he whimpered and pulled away. So, while he was getting his shots we asked him to look in there. My poor boy.. a bum ear :*(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
No.. he was just scared to be up there... being on a metal table is not his "normal" thing. He is the most frightened dog I have EVER seen when it comes to something being out of the "norm". I spilled a bunch of nuts on the floor and brought the broom out.. he did the "Fred Flintstone run" trying to get out of there fast enough. And truly, we've never swatted him with the broom or anything - as a matter of fact, he never gets punished :eek: he's horribly spoiled and gets away with everything :whistle:

[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], I had to laugh at all the above, Chester is so much Vegas! He is petrified of the metal table, (although he gets his glands done every time he is up there so I don't blame him) and god forbid something be out of place!! When I mop he does the "Fred Flinstone" run on our tile, like I have beat him with the mop or something. When I lean the mop up against the wall to let the kitchen dry, he stands waaaaay back and barks non-stop at it.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that Chester's as healthy as can be. Funny how he's so scared of everything. Stig got so used to the vacuum that we actually have to force him to move out of it's way. lol.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Chester is such a stud-muffin .... how old is he now??? Only asking cos Daddy is now 8 months and weighs 45lb.

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester is such a stud-muffin .... how old is he now??? Only asking cos Daddy is now 8 months and weighs 45lb.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] Chester was born 12/10/09..so he is almost 16 months old. He gained 2 lbs over the winter, he was 52 lbs for quite a while.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:heart: Chester!!!! Speaking of the fred flintstone run, Cutty did this the other night , the worst ever! I felt SO bad for scaring him but dang if it wasnt the funniest peel out. Everyone was in their beds but me and the pups. I was making daddy's lunch for work the next day and thought I heard the baby crying. (she is still in our room so I was afraid she was gonna wake up daddy) I kinda jumped to run down the hall and Cutty must have thought I was running from something and he did a good 10 second peel out trying to get away from whatever he thought it was. Poor thing. He was all in mellow mode before this so I did give him a good snack to make up for it. haha

L

Lucy-licious

aww poor chester :hug: its always scarey going to the vet I dont like it ever :eek:

Zulma

Feb 17, 2011
Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Nice to hear that he is healthy. When Zeus goes to the vet he like the the table I think its because it nice and cold he automaticaly lies flat on his belly. And when I sweep or mop I got to put him in a another room because he wants the broom or mop or I will never finish, he is not even afraid of the vacum

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.