Thread: Showing in the AKC

Bulldog(s) Names
    Big Mac
    Likes (Received)

Default Showing in the AKC

What age can you start showing in the AKC? I am interested in getting into it for fun. I have never shown AKC just UKC and does AKC have Jr Handling?

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Showing in the AKC

I think it is 6 months. I am waiting for matilda to turn 6 months. The do have junior handling. Find a local Bulldog Club of America in your area. They will be able to help you with everything you need to get started. We go to our first BCA meeting tomorrow. It's kinda exciting.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
    Likes (Received)

HI there, what part of Cali are you in. I am a new member of the Pacific Coast Bulldog Club, and last Saturday we had our Annual puppy fun match. They give handling class prior to being judged. They start at 3 months old. Look up your local Bulldog Club for more information. There is a Bulldog Specialty match later this month in Ontario, California. I have gone several times to check it out and meet many breeders, very nice event and helpful people. My female has gone to the puppy matches but she needs alot of work to stack. She is too playful for the ring right now. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Bridgette and the bullies

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

There are techniques out there to help train a bulldog to stack. They stack completely differently than my Australian Shepherd,for they can be walked into a free stack. And I am not sure a bulldog pup can. I've seen on an old forum that you can do some sort of stand to practice the stack they need to learn.

I think you have received amazing information that I was also going to suggest. You might want to look into gluing your pups ears too if they are not rose ears. I know I glued Sarge's...but decided not to show him.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Bulldog(s) Names
    Big Mac
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys, his ears are actually rose ears, and I will definitely find a club locally we live in Stockton, Ca

Remove Ads