Deer antlers for chewing

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
A buddy of ours is giving us a whole bunch of deer antlers. I wonder if you have to do something to them before giving to bullies?

Hi[MENTION=1930]LaurieLolaandMojo[/MENTION]..the ones we received were all smoothed out..velvet taken off..and sharp points ground down. I know fresh ones with velvet on them are supposed to be very nutrient rich. I think if you just take off sharp points..those would be great! There are some farmers who sell those kind online..yay for you..

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oo I seen these at the store the other day! Now I'm gunna go back haha

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to laugh - I thought the same thing as [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] - and like them, I already have some antlers for the dogs for Christmas!

However, I spotted the antlers at the store where I get my bullies food and I thought, "why not?"

If you are thinking about it, GET ONE. They are not expensive, tough as nails, do no make a mess at all, seem to last for a very long time, and the dogs absolutely love it! I got Truman and Linus both a small antler and they have been carrying them around for a week and a half and they still look almost new.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OK ... I'm going to try it!! I think I'm going to try the XL and see how that works!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
OK ... I'm going to try it!! I think I'm going to try the XL and see how that works!!!

Ya..[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]..I will get x large next time too! In fact I think I am going to order some today for bully gifts for next time I see jakes brothers! My two still will hardly leave them alone! Maggie and baddy blue will love them!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:lol: .... yes I did ............ HUGE SUCCESS :up:

Although, as I was ordering them I showed them to my husband who said to go for the large instead. They're not as big as they look when they arrive so I will agree with what a lot of other people have said and definitely order the XL next time. I need to get them soon too because all the dogs love them so this antler spends most of it's time being grabbed out of each others mouths!!! :crazy:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate got his antlers today! i think it's the first time i've seen him totally engrossed in a toy for this long. This is encouraging b/c that means my furniture and my feet get a break from his puppy teeth!:D

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ahh...another thing I need to order. First the Kool Collars and now this! Gator's teeth are coming in in earnest now. He already got ahold of TWO pairs of my shoes and chewed them to bits! Don't know why with all the marrow bones, kongs, and stuffed toys he has lying around. He has has many toys as the kids!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, I went to CPP and looked. Are they called River Dog Naturals Deer? I put in antlers and nothing popped up :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.