Deer antlers for chewing

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
So, we frequently find deer antlers in our field. We could cut them with a hack saw and give them to the boys to chew. Here is a buck whose antlers are just starting to grow back. I couldn't get the picture to upload so I sent it to FB.:angry:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] Absolutely!!! I wish I could find some in my yard!!! Get them before the wild animals do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Do you have a picture??

The dogs always chew stuff on our couches and I'm always having to clean them or wash the covers because of Bully slobber. If it's just bully slobber then I can get away with just some thorough wiping for a couple of times before I have to take off all the covers and wash them. The thought of bully slobber mixed in with deer antlers ... hmm... not sure about this yet!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Lol..you guys are all so great!! So..I need to het Jake fake antlers for Christmas..right? Sounds like a plan..I ordered THESE antlers to chew on today..will start working on christmas ones asap!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So, we frequently find deer antlers in our field. We could cut them with a hack saw and give them to the boys to chew. Here is a buck whose antlers are just starting to grow back. I couldn't get the picture to upload so I sent it to FB.:angry:

[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]..I know there are farmers who sell these on these online. Guess you get a huge box straight from their fields for less $$..just don't know who they are!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Here is the reason I didn't bid on the antlers. Vegas already has a pair he likes to chew on.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Here is the reason I didn't bid on the antlers. Vegas already has a pair he likes to chew on.

Aaawww... Vegas can deliver christmas presents to my house any day of the year!! Just don't expect me to let him back out of the house again ..... :evil:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] - Love how his costume comes with anklets. lol.

As for the antlers, Stig's a real tough chewer. He managed to chew a big piece of a nylabone in a couple of hours. Will the antlers last longer?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] China chewed a golf ball in half, and she chews and chews on these things. They do finally chew them to a small size... but it takes quite a few months.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I actually got one for free from Carolina Pet Pantry when I ordered Blueberry facial scrub for our little guy. They are real and have held up very well. I had to laugh when I read about people picturing antlers hanging on walls. My dad is a hunter and my parents have many animals around their house including 2 deer heads....I don't think my dad would be too happy if I cut some off for Tubs :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just wanted to update this thread a bit! Our antlers came yesterday and they are so cool...Jake and Dena are in love with them! The only problem I see is Jake isn't very good at letting Dena have her antler.. I got medium which is fine for Jake as a pup and Dena too..but next order I will get xlarge..these are terrific everybody!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just wanted to update this thread a bit! Our antlers came yesterday and they are so cool...Jake and Dena are in love with them! The only problem I see is Jake isn't very good at letting Dena have her antler.. I got medium which is fine for Jake as a pup and Dena too..but next order I will get xlarge..these are terrific everybody!

Becky, where did you order these from? i can't find it on this thread. thanks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]..you can get them from Carolina pet pantry..there is a link here..get xlarge unless you have a pup..if you use code englishbulldognews..you should get free shipping..I ordered a couple other things at same time..they are great!

Search under deer antlers..I had trouble at first!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
A buddy of ours is giving us a whole bunch of deer antlers. I wonder if you have to do something to them before giving to bullies?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.