Finally the shedding is slowing down.....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We live in AZ so the weather has warmed up a ton here.... and the shedding has been horrid the last 30 days.... but it seems to have finally slowed down! YAY! So my guess is that it takes approx. 3 weeks to a month to blow the winter coat!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for timeline! I have to admit..I was amazed how much Jake sheds..less than our rottie did but for a little guy..he holds his own!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Lucky you! We've had some heat wave's but we haven't officially warmed up yet so I haven't got to that point yet! I vacuum our floor downstairs everyday anyway so I probably won't even notice a difference LOL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I didn't know that warmer weather will cause them to do that. There's just so much to learn!

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
Anyone have any experience using a portable HEPA filter system in there house to try to keep the hair down, does it work/ help?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have 3 ionic breezes in my house... But it does not help the dog hair but it improves the air quality!! :lol:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I haven't really noticed a specific shedding season, per say, with Delilah. It seems like it's a little bit year round.

She doesn't shed a whole lot..but she does shed enough! Those little barby hairs that you can't get out of your clothes..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We haven't started the major shed yet .. but I did notice a few weeks ago when it started to get a LITTLE warmer that the two bullies and Bear, the lab mix, were definitely leaving more hair around the house. We have only just started to get a little warmer, so I'm sure I have the "Big Shed" to come in the next couple of weeks. Nothing more disgusting than seeing the dog hair dust bunnies roll by about the size of a tennis ball .. about 20 minutes after you thought you'd finished vacuuming!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.