Reputable breeders in Midwest

zamboknee

Jul 20, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I did a search for bulldog breeders yesterday and came across
I thought it was a little weird that they operate by shipping the puppy to you via airline and crate.
Their prices were pretty good ($500-$600) as the last time I got serious about getting a bully all I saw was $1000+.
My question is: is this site legit? puppy mill?
If not, where do I find reputable bulldog breeders for the midwest?
Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome.... any legitimate breeder is not selling a puppy for under $2,5000. I'd move along and use the Bulldog of America Club for reference

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes, no reputable breeder is selling for less than $2,500. Another good place to go to meet breeders and people would be local dog shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
The largest puppy mills in this country are operated by the Amish and Mennonites in Ohio. My neighbor bought her EBD from a Sarasota Pet store. He came from an Ohio breeder. She got him T 8 weeks old. To think of that poor little thing making the journey from Ohio to FL makes me sick. She paid 3.5k for her pup. Please don’t buy that $600 pup. For your sake and the pups.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Please go to the BCA for help finding your soon-to-be new friend.

SteveB

Nov 3, 2015
Central Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lucy & Emmie
Don't think it's fair to put an arbitrary dollar amount on a puppy to differentiate a good breed from bad. I have had Bulldogs for 17 years and only bred one litter - because I love the sire and dam so much. The breeding yielded my Emmie, whom I consider a quality English Bulldog. I sold the her littermates for only 2000 and placed them in great homes.

After almost 20 yrs of breeding show Bloodhounds, I learned that the most important thing when placing puppies is to charge enough to help determine how important the buyer considers the new puppy.

Not trying to be argumentative - I just believe quality EBs are available for a broader price range. Evaluate the sire and dam, the pedigree and of course your new puppy.

I hope you find your perfect puppy.
emlol.jpg

maggiemoo

Dec 10, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo
To avoid supporting the puppy mill industry, please make sure to meet the mother dog in person and tour the property where SHE lives. Many puppy millers use tricks such as selling the pups from a nice property where the breeder lives, not where the mother dogs live. Most reputable breeders will not ship their puppies. A good place to start looking for reputable breeders is the Bulldog Club of America website. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.