first heat

Miniequine

Jun 4, 2018
Altoona, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy and Bella
My 11 month old has just begun her first estrus about a week ago. I ordered a special diaper for her which she now has learned how to rub it down and off; and then proceeds to chew it up!
Everything seemed to be going pretty well, but now, she's piddling everywhere indoors! I am assuming this is a normal 'marking' behavior, but just wanted to verify with more knowledgeable people, since it's been over 40 yrs since I've had an intact female and I don't remember having these issues.
Also wondered if anyone has had a problem with their dogs not keeping the diaper on? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks all.....
Rosemary(Miniequine)

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I used a special diaper cover that I could insert pads into... but my Willow figured out how to pull them off and proceeded to EAT the pad as well. We would make her sleep in her crate at night w/nothing on, and just keep an eye on her during the day w/her diaper on her. I agree w/Lynn you could use suspenders, I would just watch her the first day to see if she will keep them on.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] could recommend what she used with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] could recommend what she used with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bella wore a Bwogue brand I got from chewy.com the Velcro was great on that brand and much cheaper than the ones I got at petsmart.
I just put a pad in it. She never got the diapers off. Actually I don’t even think she tried. lol
I must say the petsmart ones were much cuter though! Lol
4AEBB752-6A7C-469A-8ECA-24EAEE340512.jpeg
They just needed a better Velcro strip. She didn’t try to get them off but the Velcro would stick to the bed (carpet or couch) and then come off of her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Bella never tried to get the diaper off,because she thinks she is a human,and she probably like wearing "clothes" :yes:

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Bella never tried to get the diaper off,because she thinks she is a human,and she probably like wearing "clothes" :yes:

Lol....
I think you may be right!
She thought she as modeling them for us!:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.