KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
We've been back from UK for awhile. My husband has bee very ill. He became ill in the middle of the Atlantic while on the cruise ship. He was admitted to the hospital when we made it to Ireland. We eventually made it to England where he was treated for some heart issues. Where he recuperated. We're getting to the bottom of his problems now that we're back in the states. Not that all that wasn't stressful enough, John lost his green card. That is a huge huge deal. It's not like losing your driver's license. We had to cancel our flights home while we made numerous trips to the American Embassy in London, had several interviews and spent about a thousand dollars to get two official letters of transportation so that he could fly home. We had to extend our time in UK by a month. John still does't have his green card, but we are dealing with that through USICS here in Florida. Whew! That's us.

Ollie had his first birthday while we were being detained in England. He now weighs 56 lbs. I am assured by both vet and groomer that he is not overweight or the least bit fat. Ollie is the sweetest, most mellow fellow ever. He seems somewhat babyfied to me, i.e. will hop up on couch, but afraid to hop down, still very intimidated by the two little dogs here, has to be lifted in and out of the car (we're working on training with that one).He doesn't sleep in our bed and hasn't for a while. We leave his crate door open all the time and he generally puts himself in there to sleep. He cannot be left alone when we go out (chews) but this is a really weird thing, when we start getting ready to go out shoes on and get my purse etc., he walks into his crate in our bedroom and sits down. We go in, shut the crate door and drop in a treat. He may be mellow and babyish, still tries to sit on my lap, but he's very smart.

OK, I do have a question about Ollie and don't anyone make fun of me please. Ollie seems to have a really big head and it's very very heavy. I know this because he rests it on me all the time and its heavy like a watermelon. He also rests it on the arms of the furniture or even on a shelf on the coffee table. He often sleeps sitting up on the sofa with his head resting on the arms, snoring away. I am too embarrassed to ask the vet this question. Is ir possible for an EBD's head to be too big/heavy for him? Stop laughing! I can hear you all the way through the computer!

I am attaching
ollie's photo taken on his birthday with his new ball. You can see how broad his chest is. His head doesn't look too too huge, but believe me it is. Please advise with thoughts about his head.
Glad to be back among you,
Dana
IMG_9019.jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Heavy head, you say?!!! Monty rests his head on everything including Barney, our dachshund, the perfect height! We are always chuckling at him and remarking how heavy it must be. If Monty is anything to go by, I think it is quite normal.

Just resting .jpg

I Hope your husband is doing better now. What a nightmare for you both.

I live in fear of losing my Green Card because I know what a major hassle it would be. The only time I carry it is when travelling overseas and then you absolutely have to have it. No choice.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ohhhhhhhh boy!!! hope hubby will continue to get well! What a time to have things show up :( so sorry and prayers for healing.. Now about that boy of yours. He's just gorgeous and ohhhhhhhhhh how i wish at times that Hank had been one of 'those' that are more kick back. We fit perfectly through his growing but sometimes tough! Ollies head is perfect and im guessing that this head resting is just a typical bulldog thing as it sure seems a common trate... Was good for a good laugh though tee hee.... ooops lol

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The bigger the head, the better is quality of bulldog. Never heard at dog show about too big bulldog head. Too small - yes, there is even description in EB standard that circumference of head must be equal or more than height in back. So you can be proud of amazing specimen of EB breed you are honoured to wipe butt and rub belly of!
Hope your husband gets better soon. Hopefully your quota of catastrophic events for next 5 years is over and from now only amazing events will happen!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad you are home, safe and sound... SO sorry about your trip, what a complete nightmare!!! Sounds like ONE of my vacations, but that could be a new thread in itself... Lol Seriously though, I hope your hubby is feeling better soon...

I think that Ollie looks great, and I've never heard of having a HUGE head being a problem. Walter had a massive head, but his body is slowly catching up w/him as well now that he is getting older.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi!! I am so sorry for all that you and your husband have and are going through, how awful and scary!! Please keep updating on his condition and I pray that he fully recovers!!

As to the size of Ollie's head....I can't speak to that, I just think HE IS PERFECT and so very handsome !!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
IMO, there's no such thing as a bulldog with too big of a head. He's fine. Bulldog neck muscles are VERY strong and will hold his head up whenever he wants. OTOH, Bulldogs do get tired...and just don't feel like holding their head up when it's time to catch a few Zzzzzs. Any Bulldog that sleeps or rests with their chin propped up on something like your arm or a chair/sofa arm do this because it helps to keep their airway wide open. They sleep more soundly that way. Happy Birthday, Ollie!
Hoping hubs gets better and life returns to normal SOON.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ollie looks just perfect to me! As mentioned, a lot of bulldogs rest their head on things! As bull baiter's originally, they must have needed thick skulls, and fearlessness! He is a handsome boy-not to worry! So sorry to hear of your very stressful "vacation". Sending prayers :pray:that your husband continues on the road to good health, and all will be well.
Did Ollie express how happy he was to have you back home!??:dance5::drawheart:

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Dear Everyone,
Thank you for your kind responses and good wishes. It is wonderful to be back here among friends. You’re the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So sorry for your husbands illness while vacationing and so happy he is feeling better!
Ollie is so handsome!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dear Everyone,
Thank you for your kind responses and good wishes. It is wonderful to be back here among friends. You’re the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an ordeal... so sorry for all the stress, happy you are both home, safe and sound. Sending healing prayers for the hubby.

As for Ollie.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG HEAD.... hee hee hee!! yes, they will rest the head on anything they can, Nitschke would at times use our head if we were on the floor and he was on the couch or if laying in bed. banks never really did it, but Lambeau also does it...

Welcome back... you have been missed

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie and I are little late to the party, but have been thinking of you!! SO glad you are back in the states, and hope that your hubby continues to recover well, and is Re-issued his green card soon!!

Ellie says Ollie looks perfect to her.

Happy Birthday OLLIE!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
We've been back from UK for awhile. My husband has bee very ill. He became ill in the middle of the Atlantic while on the cruise ship. He was admitted to the hospital when we made it to Ireland. We eventually made it to England where he was treated for some heart issues. Where he recuperated. We're getting to the bottom of his problems now that we're back in the states. Not that all that wasn't stressful enough, John lost his green card. That is a huge huge deal. It's not like losing your driver's license. We had to cancel our flights home while we made numerous trips to the American Embassy in London, had several interviews and spent about a thousand dollars to get two official letters of transportation so that he could fly home. We had to extend our time in UK by a month. John still does't have his green card, but we are dealing with that through USICS here in Florida. Whew! That's us.

Ollie had his first birthday while we were being detained in England. He now weighs 56 lbs. I am assured by both vet and groomer that he is not overweight or the least bit fat. Ollie is the sweetest, most mellow fellow ever. He seems somewhat babyfied to me, i.e. will hop up on couch, but afraid to hop down, still very intimidated by the two little dogs here, has to be lifted in and out of the car (we're working on training with that one).He doesn't sleep in our bed and hasn't for a while. We leave his crate door open all the time and he generally puts himself in there to sleep. He cannot be left alone when we go out (chews) but this is a really weird thing, when we start getting ready to go out shoes on and get my purse etc., he walks into his crate in our bedroom and sits down. We go in, shut the crate door and drop in a treat. He may be mellow and babyish, still tries to sit on my lap, but he's very smart.

OK, I do have a question about Ollie and don't anyone make fun of me please. Ollie seems to have a really big head and it's very very heavy. I know this because he rests it on me all the time and its heavy like a watermelon. He also rests it on the arms of the furniture or even on a shelf on the coffee table. He often sleeps sitting up on the sofa with his head resting on the arms, snoring away. I am too embarrassed to ask the vet this question. Is ir possible for an EBD's head to be too big/heavy for him? Stop laughing! I can hear you all the way through the computer!

I am attaching
ollie's photo taken on his birthday with his new ball. You can see how broad his chest is. His head doesn't look too too huge, but believe me it is. Please advise with thoughts about his head.
Glad to be back among you,
Dana
View attachment 113237
He looks perfect to me♡♡♡

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.