Does my bulldog look purebred?

Aracelisalinas2711

Jul 17, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Hello everyone my bulldog is named Peppa!
Sheā€™s an amazing dog however I see that she isnā€™t as wrinkly as other bulldog Iā€™ve seen.
She is 6 months old 5F221187-4E60-40DF-AB75-6CAF7FC2322F.jpeg5F221187-4E60-40DF-AB75-6CAF7FC2322F.jpegshe was born on New Years 2018.
I will be attaching pictures could yall let me know if she looks like a purebred bulldog?

F7A32513-2EB0-46DE-9981-FAB9B9DA320F.jpeg
BC09D6C3-7B76-4947-8C18-28BA16686922.jpgBC09D6C3-7B76-4947-8C18-28BA16686922.jpg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi, your bullie girl is very cute!
It is not easy to say for sure if she is really purebred EB. Being purebred not always equals looking exactly in accordance with standard. Many purebred bulldogs have multiple faults in their appearance ( by fault i mean different from ideal standard).

Your girl is black, which is disqualifying colour for bulldog. You are right, she doesnā€™t have Enough wrinkles and nose rope isnā€™t very pronounced. Face and head is a bit too long, head should be rounder, wider and flatter. If you read the AKC bulldog standard description, you will find some more imperfections. She is very young though and she still has potential to become better in the future.
These imperfections doesnā€™t mean, though, that she isnā€™t purebred. Purebred dog is a dog whoā€™s 3 generations of purebred ancestors are known and written in her AKC pedigree. But the question is what was the quality of these ancestors. Were they really champions of dog shows? Or just average dogs with pedigree? Or, may be, they even had disqualifying traits like wrong colour, hernia, poor head shape etc? Itā€™s quite common among some not very fair breeders to use poor quality dogs just to make more money.
English bulldogs are one of the most desired, prestigious and expensive breeds, and, because of this, one of the most faked breeds.
Who did you buy her from? Does she have a pedigree? AKC registered?
With all said, she is a cutie pie!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's really hard to say... some purebred bulldogs look like boxers for a period of time. It takes them 3 years to grow fully... first they grow taller, and then they fill out. Some do tend to go thru a very awkward looking stage, and some do NOT have many facial wrinkles. She is adorable nonetheless...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Itā€™s quite common among some not very fair breeders to use poor quality dogs just to make more money.
English bulldogs are one of the most desired, prestigious and expensive breeds, and, because of this, one of the most faked breeds.
Who did you buy her from? Does she have a pedigree? AKC registered?
With all said, she is a cutie pie!
Too true...
please don't post the breeder name, BTW.
Your bully pup is really cute!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Sweet girl!

Bulldogs always amaze me. They are the only breed I can think of where some look so different to each other! Always the basic bulldog but some are taller, more square, more rounded, larger, smaller. When I take my boy to the vet, there are frequently 3 or 4 bullys there and none of them look alike (and I am not talking about colour)!

OP
Aracelisalinas2711

Aracelisalinas2711

Jul 17, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Peppa
Thanks everyone, I just felt a little insecure about my bulldog! But she is the most wonderful dog with a beautiful personality. I just hope she will grow into her body soon.
Thanks again everyone ��

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks everyone, I just felt a little insecure about my bulldog! But she is the most wonderful dog with a beautiful personality. I just hope she will grow into her body soon.
Thanks again everyone ļæ½ļæ½

She is beautiful and when my boy was about that age, people often asked if he was mx with *old english *as he wasnt as short and wide as what people expect. They are all so different and we sometimes benefit by them not having some of the 'breed standard' features ;)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Peppa is a cutie!
Bella looked like a boxer when she was younger and still isnā€™t as wide as most others I have seen. But she sure is the love of my life none the less!
She is now just over a year and a half and has gotten wider though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks again everyone ��

Welcome.... she is a beauty! As others have said, they are all so different and it takes 3 yrs to complete growing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.