One ear flips backwards

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Hi everyone. My bulldog is 5 months old and her left ear literally flips backwards. I purposely pssh it forward but it automatically goes back. My breeder said it will eventually grow/ flip forward as she gets older. Has anyone ever heard of this? Do I need to worry about anything?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
We need to see pics, just that much more adorable, I LOVE bulldog ears!

It will self correct, welcome here & congratulations on your pup :)

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Well that would be great news! Itā€™s cute as can be but I donā€™t want her to have issues. Hereā€™s a pic. Sheā€™s so precious!... E6724578-D49E-4CC8-B190-6616E2E802B5.png

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg she's adorable.... I know people do different things to help 'correct' the ears, but I would just leave as is as it makes her special :) and not hurting anything :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well that would be great news! Itā€™s cute as can be but I donā€™t want her to have issues. Hereā€™s a pic. Sheā€™s so precious!...View attachment 113130

OMG... she is precious! I'm thinking she almost looks like a French/English mix.... is that possible?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
OMG... she is precious! I'm thinking she almost looks like a French/English mix.... is that possible?

Very cute. I think she looks like a mix as well, which if she is, her ears will probably stay like that.

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sheā€™s definitely a full breed blue haired bulldog. I bought her from , in Ohio. Very reputable. Maybe itā€™s just her stage of growth at the moment? Iā€™ll keep posting pictures and updates and hopefully the ear has no issues. I do think itā€™s as cute as can be and definitely makes her look different LOL..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sheā€™s definitely a full breed blue haired bulldog. I bought her from , in Ohio. Very reputable. Maybe itā€™s just her stage of growth at the moment? Iā€™ll keep posting pictures and updates and hopefully the ear has no issues. I do think itā€™s as cute as can be and definitely makes her look different LOL..

I edited your post as you canā€™t mention breeder names in threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What does it say about the ears in the breed standard of blue haired bulldog?

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
No idea. The breeder I bought her from says I have nothing to worry about but I figured asking on forums dedicated to English Bulldogs would be wise. It only started in the last month. As a puppy her ears were both down...

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Here are pictures of her parents...00043FE3-5113-43FB-8537-0B992DDA86B8.jpeg00043FE3-5113-43FB-8537-0B992DDA86B8.jpeg02C88AEF-2560-41E3-8935-5FF4F9CCB353.jpeg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
There is no blue hair in the english bulldog genes, so there is some other breed in those dogs other than english bulldog. There most likely is some other type of ears than bulldogs rose ears there aswell. Even pure blood english bulldogs can develope tulip ears and if mixed with another breed to get some colour you should know what breed it is.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

We had a member in the past that bought an English Bulldog pup from
reputable breeder. As the pup grew so did his ears! Turned out that the
breeder's French Bulldog had mated with the EB female...things happen!
Breeder was ethical and made it right by reducing price ( offered another
EB but they loved the little guy. had bought him as companion to older EB
male and they were bonded. He was adorable!

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Everyone is too kind with their input. Hopefully sheā€™ll have zero issues with her ear. Iā€™ll keep posting pics of her as she grows. I posted pics of her parents so unless there was an accident as you said she has beautiful genes!...6C898034-3398-4FF9-A794-BD69A76DA8E4.jpegB2C1D173-5A82-43AA-9678-AF9B87DA200A.jpeg

OP
A

akotz1

Jul 5, 2018
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Mati
Everyone is too kind with their input. Hopefully sheā€™ll have zero issues with her ear. Iā€™ll keep posting pics of her as she grows. I posted pics of her parents so unless there was an accident as you said she has beautiful genes!...View attachment 113143View attachment 113144

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.