ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Summertime is in full swing here, and my grandson has been staying w/us for going on 2 weeks now... :loco2: YES our house is a madhouse at times... Lol

The pups just got their annual checkup, and Willow had her follow up on her spay...

WALTER - my problem child. He now weighs 67.8 POUNDS!!! He's been getting the Cytopoint injections, which have really helped w/his chronic ear infections. He was losing ALL of the hair on his sides, but I've been giving him melatonin at night and I have noticed his hair is coming back. I'm not sure what to do about his weight? He only eats 2 cups of Fromm's a day (beef am/pork pm)... and fruits/veggies as a snack. Should I consider changing his diet?!!

WILLOW - is doing fine of course, she is TINY only weighing 36.4 pounds. Her incision looks great, in fact w/her behavior we believe she doesn't even know that she was spayed. She is still VERY mean to Walter, and I know her hormones are going all over the place :stinkeye:

It stinks because it's been SO dang hot here, I can't walk them anymore... and their daily short walks really helped w/Walter's weight and Willow's madness. UGH... it's so frustrating!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So pack them up, put them in a car, take them to PetSmart or other air conditioned pet friendly place and walk them all over the store. This is what I do with Jewel and Bentley.

Glad to hear Willow is OK.

Walter is just adding chapter in his second literary work, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy 2." Sending prayers Walter baby recovers quickly.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great to hear theyā€™re both on track. For Walter itā€™s more of an exercise issue. Your hands are tied for time being. Cut to 3/4 cups 2x per day n keep the snacks. I still have the issue Duke losing a bit of hair around the collar area. Itā€™s not his food n heā€™s very healthy. Itā€™s just stress as Nyala hammers him at time. Heā€™s a pest n she gets fed up or just plays too rough. Like yours. Weā€™ve been on her back lately keeping an eye out on her. She knows it too. When they are playing outside she keeps looking at the windows if weā€™re looking at her lol. His hair is growing back now.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
awww good to hear,,,, well, except for fatty fat fat ... seems a good idea though to take a walk in petsmart. I've done that as well and is good 'distraction' training ;)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I hope things get better for you all. Chunky has been losing hair on both of his sides but it looks like its coming back.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Love on everyone for me, hoping for a great summer for all. XOXO

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Glad to hear both babies are healthy! And I agree, maybe cut back in food a little. Can you do walks in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to hear both babies are healthy! And I agree, maybe cut back in food a little. Can you do walks in the morning?

Sometimes I can... but even at 6:30am it's already in the high 70s!!! Maybe I could walk them at 3am... Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sometimes I can... but even at 6:30am it's already in the high 70s!!! Maybe I could walk them at 3am... Lol

And...what...you canā€™t get up a little early? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Summertime is in full swing here, and my grandson has been staying w/us for going on 2 weeks now... :loco2: YES our house is a madhouse at times... Lol

The pups just got their annual checkup, and Willow had her follow up on her spay...

WALTER - my problem child. He now weighs 67.8 POUNDS!!! He's been getting the Cytopoint injections, which have really helped w/his chronic ear infections. He was losing ALL of the hair on his sides, but I've been giving him melatonin at night and I have noticed his hair is coming back. I'm not sure what to do about his weight? He only eats 2 cups of Fromm's a day (beef am/pork pm)... and fruits/veggies as a snack. Should I consider changing his diet?!!

WILLOW - is doing fine of course, she is TINY only weighing 36.4 pounds. Her incision looks great, in fact w/her behavior we believe she doesn't even know that she was spayed. She is still VERY mean to Walter, and I know her hormones are going all over the place :stinkeye:

It stinks because it's been SO dang hot here, I can't walk them anymore... and their daily short walks really helped w/Walter's weight and Willow's madness. UGH... it's so frustrating!!!

Agree... cut back to 3/4 cup and add green beans as filler.

Fur lossā€” i used melatonin for awhile but it only helped a littleā€” fish oil really works for Lambeau

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.