Knee strain?

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
According to our vet, Tayto has a deep tissue strain in his back right knee. We noticed him yelping and not acting like himself about two weeks ago and took him in to get X-rays. They prescribed anti-inflammatory which seemed to help a bit. But heā€™s still been acting very lethargic, licking his front paws a lot and moving slow still. Has anyone experienced an injury like this and is this behavior normal? Tayto was very energetic and loving previous to this.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe..... poor thing.
Bella had what they called a sprain in her right back leg a few months back. They also prescribed an anti-inflammatory too and to be crated for a week and only leashed walked for potty breaks. Thatā€™s was tougher on us than her to tell the truth (the crating part)
It did take her a while to stop completely limping.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
According to our vet, Tayto has a deep tissue strain in his back right knee. We noticed him yelping and not acting like himself about two weeks ago and took him in to get X-rays. They prescribed anti-inflammatory which seemed to help a bit. But heā€™s still been acting very lethargic, licking his front paws a lot and moving slow still. Has anyone experienced an injury like this and is this behavior normal? Tayto was very energetic and loving previous to this.

Funny, Iā€™m reading this and itā€™s what ā€œIā€ have according to 3 doctors but the extra bonus I have is Bursitis in each hip. All this cause I work 7days a week n walk the dogs 5K a day. Doctors said I need to work 3days a week n stop walking the dogs for time being. I said to one of them he was funny and not going to happen just yet. Anyway, bare with me..... for over 2months on regular basis, Iā€™ve been to physiotherapy, special exercises, acupuncture (which does/did help), shock treatment, hot n cold treatment and I know Iā€™m missing something.... squeezing all this in my 7days. Even though they are 200% right I shouldnā€™t be working like so, not good. So after 2 months of being poked 3days ago I decided at night n morning to add pure frankincense oil on each hips. Really a lot n really massage it in. Do you know I can say 50% of my pain is gone n I can finally sleep on my sides? I do mention frankincense very often on this site for most pain as I know the research n proven studies that has been done on it n it really works. You can use it straight on dogs!!! Itā€™s an oil that wonā€™t harm any dogs. Massage it into the affected area. You can add some coconut oil for a better spread. For Tayto I would go with 1/2 teaspoon of CO and same for Frankincense. Do this 3x per day (morning, afternoons n nights before bed). Make sure itā€™s a real quality oil like Do-Terra.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Also consider giving your dog organic ginger powder, turmeric powder with ground pepper, organic virgin coconut oil and Movoflex supplement. And of course laser therapy [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think that it IS harder on the owner... restricted activity and rest is the best advice. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Funny, Iā€™m reading this and itā€™s what ā€œIā€ have according to 3 doctors but the extra bonus I have is Bursitis in each hip. All this cause I work 7days a week n walk the dogs 5K a day. Doctors said I need to work 3days a week n stop walking the dogs for time being. I said to one of them he was funny and not going to happen just yet. Anyway, bare with me..... for over 2months on regular basis, Iā€™ve been to physiotherapy, special exercises, acupuncture (which does/did help), shock treatment, hot n cold treatment and I know Iā€™m missing something.... squeezing all this in my 7days. Even though they are 200% right I shouldnā€™t be working like so, not good. So after 2 months of being poked 3days ago I decided at night n morning to add pure frankincense oil on each hips. Really a lot n really massage it in. Do you know I can say 50% of my pain is gone n I can finally sleep on my sides? I do mention frankincense very often on this site for most pain as I know the research n proven studies that has been done on it n it really works. You can use it straight on dogs!!! Itā€™s an oil that wonā€™t harm any dogs. Massage it into the affected area. You can add some coconut oil for a better spread. For Taylor, I would go with 1/2 teaspoon of CO and same for Frankincense. Do this 3x per day (morning, afternoons n nights before bed). Make sure itā€™s a real quality oil like Do-Terra.

You can also consider trying turmeric capsules, eggshell membrane supplements, and avocado/soy extract supplements. I take turmeric capsules myself and find they help.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
taytoD

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
The saga continues...we took Tayto in to the vet again as he was still acting very lethargic and sad. They did bloodwork and found his white blood cells were really high. Vet thinks it may be a bone infection. He's on a heavy duty regimen of anti-biotics so hoping they will kick the infection and he can get back to his normal goofy self! It's sooo sad seeing them out of sorts and not themselves.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The saga continues...we took Tayto in to the vet again as he was still acting very lethargic and sad. They did bloodwork and found his white blood cells were really high. Vet thinks it may be a bone infection. He's on a heavy duty regimen of anti-biotics so hoping they will kick the infection and he can get back to his normal goofy self! It's sooo sad seeing them out of sorts and not themselves.

Itā€™s ā€œmaybeā€ bone infection? High level of white blood cells can be due to different issues. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a bone infection. Can be a reaction from strong meds, trauma, could be from a wound, stress, allergies and I can go on... so your vet better give you real proof. I personally donā€™t go with , ā€œ maybe or ifā€ .

OP
taytoD

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
Itā€™s ā€œmaybeā€ bone infection? High level of white blood cells can be due to different issues. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a bone infection. Can be a reaction from strong meds, trauma, could be from a wound, stress, allergies and I can go on... so your vet better give you real proof. I personally donā€™t go with , ā€œ maybe or ifā€ .

Totally. His vet is also my good friend so we have a pretty open/candid relationship. She wanted to prescribe him a broad spectrum anti-biotic at first until he could come back in for further tests. I'm taking him today to do another x-ray and urinalysis to get to the bottom of it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Totally. His vet is also my good friend so we have a pretty open/candid relationship. She wanted to prescribe him a broad spectrum anti-biotic at first until he could come back in for further tests. I'm taking him today to do another x-ray and urinalysis to get to the bottom of it.

Ask her if it can be cause of the meds...

OP
taytoD

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
Ask her if it can be cause of the meds...

Just got back from his visit. She thinks it's pneumonia possibly caused by aspiration. Their office doesn't do overnight care so we're bringing him to the ER vet...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got back from his visit. She thinks it's pneumonia possibly caused by aspiration. Their office doesn't do overnight care so we're bringing him to the ER vet...

Bone infection n pneumonia is like day n night. Make sure you ask questions and results. If you donā€™t understand make them repeat it. Please keep us posted.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I hope everything is okay...keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions