HELP!!!!

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Also, just to prepare you, a bulldog is in heat for approx 3 weeks.... if she is just starting (to smell) of her heat she may not actually start for a week-- so it could be a month total....

yeah i heard about the whole 21 day thing... :/ well she isn't bleedng yet and her private parts don't look swollen. is there anything else i should be looking for? any more signs or symptoms?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
well, just like humans........ Look for bitchyness!!! Seriously-- grumpy little girls they are!!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Also be careful when you take her outside to potty...some dogs can get so excited that they will attack you to get to them. One of my friends bulldogs went into heat and she took her dog for a short walk on her block and a pitbull from a few blocks away got loose and I guess smelled her dog. It wasn't pretty...my friend had to get 17 stitches.

L

Lucy-licious

well, just like humans........ Look for bitchyness!!! Seriously-- grumpy little girls they are!!

You can say that again :lol:

I think everyone has pretty much covered it
Sparkles will be fine :) i didnt risk taking Lucy for walks and kept her yard time supervised.
Spike needs to be watched carefully and kept away from her.
Good luck [MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] :hug: i was very worried about Lucy at first too and she was just fine xxxx

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Yes she's far to young...and I recall my grandfather raising coon dogs. And had a high pen that a neighbor's dog decided to CLIMB over to reach her...And gates never kept my bulldog out of a room if he wanted in...and I didn't have a female to deal with while using them. I say...crate...or close one off in a separate room.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] -Oh , now I see why you suggested keeping one in a kennel or crate. I had no idea the urge was so strong! I have read that owners have gotten bitten and hurt trying to separate matting dogs, but I didnt know that they would basically loose their minds like that! So if I was to get a male bulldog, (of course I would get him neutered) will he be ok with Mocha(She is spayed)??

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Also, they could mate through metal cages, and chain link fences. So, be careful!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Once the female is fixed...she doesn't emit the "smell" from being in heat. So...I think they will be absolutely fine. Vegas was neutered at 5 months...and Orion was spayed at 6 months. Neither of them have shown interest in the other. [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION]

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
well we took spike to the vet to get some shots we also ended up taking sparkles as well and ended up with a $300 vet bill...ouch :*(
spike is fine dr said he might lose weight next two weeks...he hasn't wanted to eat very well either. so this morning when we woke up and were gettin ready to go to vet my husband was putting spike's harness on and he how do i say this..... um ejaculated everywhere. :eek: after that he was much calmer and slept most of the day. i think he was soooooo sexually frustrated my poor baby lol. so anyway she did confirm that sparkles was having a "slient" heat and to just keep an eye on her for discharge. I showed her the scabs that sparkles had all over her body she did a scraping and determined she had a form of mites... i felt like such a bad parent but she said it was normal for puppies to get that b/c of their immune system so now she has to take nasty tasting drops for two weeks and is on an antibiotic. she said the medicine will kill them and her hair will start growing. the medicine makes her excessively drool b/c its really bad tasting but she has to take it to make her feel better. i feel so bad for not taking her sooner but i didn't think it could be that serious, i'm just glad its being taken care of now. she is very bitchy. when we were at a vet she started barking (her pit bull bark) at this male lab. i had to apoligize to the owners for sparkles rude behavior :eek:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well at least your suspicions were confirmed .... so you have a stessful time ahead of you getting them to stay separated for the next 2-3 weeks!!! Unless you were considering breeding them, I would seriously consider getting at least Spike neutered.

Members online

No members online now.