My Vet Insist....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As you all have read I have to take Vegas every 4-5 weeks (he let's me know) to get his internal anal gland expression. Well Friday was the day (and the day my computer crashed and this is why I am posting now).

Vegas loves to go bye-bye and for the life of me I don't know why, every visit we go to is to the vet or get his nails done and he HATES both!!

So we load all 63.8 lbs of Vegas on the table at the vet, he comes in with his rubber glove on, I hold Vegas's head telling him what a good boy he is all the while he is getting violated from behind and whining like a baby..who could blame him?

But the worst part is EVERY 4-5 weeks we have this done, Doc MAKES me LOOK!! :eek:, of course I am not facing him as I am holding Vegas's head talking to him, and Doc says to me "turn around here and look how much I got" and shows it to me on the paper towel :eek:...Joe and I think he has a smelling fetish as he proceeds to smell the paper towel, same as when he cleans Vegas's ears he smells the cotton and shoves it in our faces....

I L-O-V-E our vet, he is the best ever as far as taking care of Vegas and his prices are ridiculously cheap, but I REALLY don't want to look OR smell anal gland juice or ear wax!! Does your Vet do this????

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh yea, and Joe and I flip a coin or take turns on who has to hold Vegas's head and who has to be in the back to get juices or wax shoved up our noses!!:LMAO: I swear Doc has a fetish!! (I really know he is smelling for infection, but that is HIS job, NOT ours!!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:LMAO:

Yes, my vets always talk to me like I am a vet in training! But I enjoy it as it helps me learn, luckily there has been no anal gland issues in my pack!!! :faint:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He's smelling for infection ... really?? :crazy:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], that is only my guess, I have never ask him why he insist on first smelling it himself then putting it up our noses??:confused:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], you have 5 bullies and NO anal gland issues??? I never even heard of anal gland issues til I got my "special" boy, I say to Doc, "I don't get it, he is on NVI, eats fruits and veggies as snacks and poops very hard poo, and still has to get this done this often" and Doc says "well these guys are built different than other breeds" I know when he needs it done by the boot-scooten-boogie-butt on the area rug!

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Uh no. I don't think it's normal AT ALL. In fact, our vet takes them into the back and lets the vet techs help with the task. Um..Yuck? I think the reason he has a cheap rate is because he probably spends the next week laughing at you behind your backs. He probably thinks it's funny that you actually do smell it. He, on the other hand, is probably not inhaling. AND, you fall for it each and every time. If I was your vet, I'd probably give you a discount if I could get you to do something like that once a month also!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
None of our vets have ever been caught sniffing our dogs' bodily fluids! I'm not saying they don't....we just aren't aware of it!!! @KMARINO, you have a very special vet! Have you checked the exam room for a hidden camera. You may be the entertainment for the next vet convention!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]....OMG your right!!! :LMAO: Yes the reason he is so cheap is because he is using me as his assistant, and he probably does have a camera of me dry heaving/gagging getting anal juices and ear wax shoved up my nose while he is pretending to sniff!!!! And Yes of course I look because he tells me to, but shoving the Q-tip stick with ear wax just about put me over the edge!! I just thought all vets did this, now I know I have a "special" boy and a "special" vet

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Uh no. I don't think it's normal AT ALL. In fact, our vet takes them into the back and lets the vet techs help with the task. Um..Yuck? I think the reason he has a cheap rate is because he probably spends the next week laughing at you behind your backs. He probably thinks it's funny that you actually do smell it. He, on the other hand, is probably not inhaling. AND, you fall for it each and every time. If I was your vet, I'd probably give you a discount if I could get you to do something like that once a month also!

OMG this brought tears to my eyes! I haven't laughed so hard in I can't remember when!!! :heart: it!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]....OMG your right!!! :LMAO: Yes the reason he is so cheap is because he is using me as his assistant, and he probably does have a camera of me dry heaving/gagging getting anal juices and ear wax shoved up my nose while he is pretending to sniff!!!! And Yes of course I look because he tells me to, but shoving the Q-tip stick with ear wax just about put me over the edge!! I just thought all vets did this, now I know I have a "special" boy and a "special" vet

:idea: [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] sees the light:whistle::poo:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maybe you should "pretend" to sniff next time ... and then say "MMMmmmm ... strawberries!!"

:LMAO:

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] you vet is very special :LMAO:

I love how he soo loves his job smells and all :LMAO:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Never had to deal with anal gland issues. Other than the one time Sarge scared himself so bad that he expressed it all over himself and his back end.

Never had a bulldog need his anal glands expressed...[total of 4 bulldogs in 20+ yrs] Actually never had a dog that needed it done. My vet when I asked about Sarge expressing his...said he wasn't showing signs of it needing done. And other than scarring himself silly to the point of expressing. That one doesn't mess with something that isn't broken.

As for a vet smelling things...I'm thinking the one older vet that I used to LOVE...who loved the bulldogs. [Who left the practice] He would smell the cotton balls after cleaning the ears...So what is the age of your vet do you estimate? I wonder if it is a thing that was taught to them in school that is no longer practiced? Though he never asked me to "smell" anything.

Just the thought of smelling anal gland fluid...GAGS me! For I just recall the one time with our dealing with Sarge that I ever came close enough to smell it. PHEW! [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] to me it smells far from...
PHP:
 "MMMmmmm ... strawberries!!"
:LMAO: But that would be a sarcastic comment that would make him look...puzzled. And a good line to someone sticking it under another persons nose. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.