How would you handle this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I have put him up when I am not home all week and he doesn't seem frustrated or anything from it. He has started at the chair a few times this week and been scolded for it. Its almost like he is determined to finish off the seat cushion.

On the job issue I made it through another week but have no idea what will happen this week. I hope to get another job at the same location working for our client but others have applied for the same job as I have so its not a done deal. My company has been awarded a huge contract at the same industrial plant but the plant hasn't turned over any funds so we cannot start on any of it yet.

Great news with Chunky!

Keeping you in my thoughts for this job to pull through!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Continued prayers for you & Chunky & big hugs, XOXO

Multiple issues at the same time is incredibly stressful,
hope it turns around soon & Chunky behaves himself!
Containing him is a good thing so eliminates that worry.

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Possibly but they "the management at the plant I am at now" can keep me from going since its the same company. If I get laid off I will call the guy over that job and see if or when he can get me in. I don't think it will be an issue getting a job there if all the spots are not taken since I have worked with over half the people going there. Tomorrow is their first day and only a few have went so far to get the job ready to go. Its at an Eastman Chemical plant there and we have had people in the Eastman here in Kingsport Tn for the past 30 some years. West Elizabeth is 6-7 hours from here and will be 10 days on and 4 off with good pay

There is an Eastman down here in Houston / Tx City.....

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
There is an Eastman down here in Houston / Tx City.....

Eastman has bought a lot of industrial plants all over. The one here in Kingsport Tn was the original one but I believe the one in Texas was one of the original ones.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well it looks like I am going to work in Pennsylvania until i can find work locally. Chunky will be staying with my sister and her family while I am out of town for the 10 days but will stay with me while I am home. All of this was decided for me by the company I work for yesterday but I guess its better than being unemployed. I hope to be able to start working again here in Tennessee soon but I am not sure when that will happen.

Chunky's family just jumped from one person in the house to 5 in a house plus a small poodle mix type dog so it will be a change for him. I hope him and the dog get along. She's gentle as can be but he doesn't realize his size and strength. She has always avoided him

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well it looks like I am going to work in Pennsylvania until i can find work locally. Chunky will be staying with my sister and her family while I am out of town for the 10 days but will stay with me while I am home. All of this was decided for me by the company I work for yesterday but I guess its better than being unemployed. I hope to be able to start working again here in Tennessee soon but I am not sure when that will happen.

Chunky's family just jumped from one person in the house to 5 in a house plus a small poodle mix type dog so it will be a change for him. I hope him and the dog get along. She's gentle as can be but he doesn't realize his size and strength. She has always avoided him

Like you said ... better than unemployed . Good luck with everything.

Hopefully Chunky will adjust well and you find something at home soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just saw there was few more pages to this post. Glad your heading out. For sure better than unemployed. This might be good for Chunky being in action. For any dog that starts chewing furniture or cushions or what is usually bored. Your sister might have to guide him to blend in. He’ll be happy when you get home to get a break lol... Glad you’re all back on track.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Just saw there was few more pages to this post. Glad your heading out. For sure better than unemployed. This might be good for Chunky being in action. For any dog that starts chewing furniture or cushions or what is usually bored. Your sister might have to guide him to blend in. He’ll be happy when you get home to get a break lol... Glad you’re all back on track.

My great nephews 9 & 10 and him are having a ball playing tug and fetch from what I hear. He was familiar with their mother because she cleans house for me when I am working a lot and one of the boys has stayed with me some. My sister and her husband live in the same house as them so he has a lot of people to keep him entertained. My sister says he follows her and my niece every time they move around the house also.

I am sure I am boring as hell to live with compared to all of them since theirs 2 boys and a 6 year old girl plus the grown ups. They have a house full for sure

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My great nephews 9 & 10 and him are having a ball playing tug and fetch from what I hear. He was familiar with their mother because she cleans house for me when I am working a lot and one of the boys has stayed with me some. My sister and her husband live in the same house as them so he has a lot of people to keep him entertained. My sister says he follows her and my niece every time they move around the house also.

I am sure I am boring as hell to live with compared to all of them since theirs 2 boys and a 6 year old girl plus the grown ups. They have a house full for sure

Wow he’s fitting right in! Like I said he’ll need a break when you come back lol...You might have a great arrangement there when you leave for work. Chunky is in great hands n you don’t need to worry. :yes:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have been gone for a while but with my gang.....free roam means......no home. I would come back to it in shambles. So, I recommend figuring where he is going to be safe in the house when you aren't there and only allow him in that location until you get back. Amber is 7 years old now and my husband when outside for two hours the other day. She got mad because she couldn't go too because it was too hot for her out there. When he came back she had destroyed the shower curtain and her favorite toy. hehe; love them to death but they do have their ways. Amber at 7 years old is still known as the destroyer and Ruby isn't far behind her. Good luck!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Well, he just jumped right into the mix!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well, he just jumped right into the mix!

He will probably miss them when I pick him up either tomorrow night or friday morning. It sounds like he is having a great time with the kids. The only one unhappy with him is the other dog and thats because he keeps sniffing her

I will be coming back to PA monday so he will be with them again for 10 days before I get home then repeat again.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well it seems life is back to normal with Chunky and I back at the house. We ate, walked and now he's sleeping so everything seems normal here

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well it seems life is back to normal with Chunky and I back at the house. We ate, walked and now he's sleeping so everything seems normal here

LOL.... he is on vacation from the kids

Members online

No members online now.