Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
What I meant is can your Neighbour keep him at his house.

My neighbor volunteers for work at his church and fishes a lot at the lake next to our homes. He does keep Chunky out for more than just a few minutes when Chunky wants to be out weather permitting. Chunky will sometimes run straight out and pee then runs back in

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He may be picking up on your stress and becoming anxious... it is hard but try to lessen your stresses or if possible leave the stress at the job. I know, I know, easier said than done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its hard to not be stressed when you might lose your job and your bosses won't give you a straight answer when you volunteer to go to another job that they have knowing it will be manned up by the time I would get laid off now. My other issues are easier to avoid because I don't see them very much but they all have phones

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah its hard to not be stressed when you might lose your job and your bosses won't give you a straight answer when you volunteer to go to another job that they have knowing it will be manned up by the time I would get laid off now. My other issues are easier to avoid because I don't see them very much but they all have phones

CRAP... i hate when they play games— just freakin be honest and give you the heads up. I pray it gets better for you— incredibly stressful way to work and live

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
CRAP... i hate when they play games— just freakin be honest and give you the heads up. I pray it gets better for you— incredibly stressful way to work and live

Yeah if they would of been honest I would of been on another job locally by now where I know I would have work for 5 months at the least instead of being one of 4 people left on a job we are finishing up with no idea whats next. I volunteered for a job in West Elizabeth, PA also which is near some of my dads family and was going to take Chunky with me

Chunky is mad that he is no longer allowed on the couch which was his normal spot but I think he is understanding he messed up

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah if they would of been honest I would of been on another job locally by now where I know I would have work for 5 months at the least instead of being one of 4 people left on a job we are finishing up with no idea whats next. I volunteered for a job in West Elizabeth, PA also which is near some of my dads family and was going to take Chunky with me

Chunky is mad that he is no longer allowed on the couch which was his normal spot but I think he is understanding he messed up

He will adjust.. is the job in PA still available!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He will adjust.. is the job in PA still available!

Possibly but they "the management at the plant I am at now" can keep me from going since its the same company. If I get laid off I will call the guy over that job and see if or when he can get me in. I don't think it will be an issue getting a job there if all the spots are not taken since I have worked with over half the people going there. Tomorrow is their first day and only a few have went so far to get the job ready to go. Its at an Eastman Chemical plant there and we have had people in the Eastman here in Kingsport Tn for the past 30 some years. West Elizabeth is 6-7 hours from here and will be 10 days on and 4 off with good pay

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Possibly but they "the management at the plant I am at now" can keep me from going since its the same company. If I get laid off I will call the guy over that job and see if or when he can get me in. I don't think it will be an issue getting a job there if all the spots are not taken since I have worked with over half the people going there. Tomorrow is their first day and only a few have went so far to get the job ready to go. Its at an Eastman Chemical plant there and we have had people in the Eastman here in Kingsport Tn for the past 30 some years. West Elizabeth is 6-7 hours from here and will be 10 days on and 4 off with good pay

Keeping positive thoughts for you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
No my neighbor is a busy recent retiree who I am lucky enough to have let him out as often as he does and I don't trust anyone else with access to my home while I am gone. None of my family that would have more time for him than I do are people I would trust to enter my home without me here. My other neighbors aren't available either. I spend all my time off with him so I am not getting any closer to having a live in girlfriend or even one at all.

This whole ordeal has stressed me out past the level I was already at with my work getting rid of people on top of family issues/drama that never seem too end. They just get worse

I cannot do anymore for him than I already do and still have a life. I do nothing but work and hang out with Chunky and the one time this year I go out without him on a day off he tears up a $1600 chair.

Ugh... I'm so sorry, and I completely understand your frustration. Maybe he's just acting out because he's upset that you are gone more than usual... I personally would crate him while you are gone. It keeps him safe, and it keeps your home intact from the destructive behaviors. He may hate it at first, but he will get used to it... especially since your neighbor comes over and gives him a break.

I'm a SAHM, and I've been really busy cleaning out my MIL's house since she passed... my two are used to having me home, and here lately they have been destroying toys, throwing pillows all over the floor, and in general getting into things. Walter just wants to sleep... it's Willow that gets nosey. I've been crating her while I'm gone, and I don't feel guilty about it at all. They have a GREAT life here, and I'm not going to let them destroy our home just because I'm not here to entertain them 24/7 :stinkeye:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] I am so sorry that you are having this problem. If we lived closer, I would gladly have Chunk here every day, while you are at work! With my own dogs,I have a doggie day care anyway, and it would be free! I hope things get better for you. The good thing is that there are a lot more jobs,than there used to be!
I very rarely leave the house-bring him here, and pick him up on week-ends!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] I am so sorry that you are having this problem. If we lived closer, I would gladly have Chunk here every day, while you are at work! With my own dogs,I have a doggie day care anyway, and it would be free! I hope things get better for you. The good thing is that there are a lot more jobs,than there used to be!
I very rarely leave the house-bring him here, and pick him up on week-ends!

That would be great if we lived closer. I am not sure what he was thinking at the time and after looking at the security camera footage it all took place within 15 minutes of me returning home

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
I left today for around two hours to get some exercise and came home to a chair cushion torn apart. Its not a chair that is used much but without it my living room would look empty. I have been working a more hours recently than normal but still have two day weekends most weeks and I spend a lot of time with Chunky when I am not at work doing stuff like picking him up before getting dinner instead of getting it on my way home and I take him most places I go on my days off just like he is my kid. I can not afford to have him tearing anymore of my house or furniture apart. He has had free run of most of my house for a while now at all times but I can no longer trust him and its frustrates me that I cannot.

I wonder some times if he would be better off in a household that has more people to give him more attention and I am having to work lesser jobs than I have in the past just to be able to keep him. I normally travel all over for work but have stayed at home since getting Chunky and he has been worth it

View attachment 112875

Brosco went thru so many remotes when we would leave him started paying our cable guy in cash to replace them
Every time someone w forget to put remote up.......
Poor chunky I’m sure he didn’t mean too!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION]...

Wes, you are a great Dad to Chunky and doing an
excellent job taking care of his needs...no guilt! Will
keep you in prayer and send much love to y'all.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Boy,,, just reading all this and most i can say is *stress sucks!* It messes so bad with life and makes simple day to day things ALL become such a hastle. Life just doesnt flow well when our brains get consumed with having to deal with too many things......... Soooo, im sorry your having so many things thrown at you AND then the Chunk doing that just had to top it all :( As you know, things will all come around even though hard to handle for now, and i offer a prayer for some peace in it all, and for things to come together sooner than later. Hugs to you, be well, peace :)

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well I have put him up when I am not home all week and he doesn't seem frustrated or anything from it. He has started at the chair a few times this week and been scolded for it. Its almost like he is determined to finish off the seat cushion.

On the job issue I made it through another week but have no idea what will happen this week. I hope to get another job at the same location working for our client but others have applied for the same job as I have so its not a done deal. My company has been awarded a huge contract at the same industrial plant but the plant hasn't turned over any funds so we cannot start on any of it yet.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Well I have put him up when I am not home all week and he doesn't seem frustrated or anything from it. He has started at the chair a few times this week and been scolded for it. Its almost like he is determined to finish off the seat cushion.

On the job issue I made it through another week but have no idea what will happen this week. I hope to get another job at the same location working for our client but others have applied for the same job as I have so its not a done deal. My company has been awarded a huge contract at the same industrial plant but the plant hasn't turned over any funds so we cannot start on any of it yet.

well good!! hope things continue in the right direction for you and this is all in the past :)

Members online

No members online now.