Summer boredom

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
It's super hot here. Will be 112 next week. Doesn't cool off much at night. My 8 mo. EB loves to be outside and active. Obviously he can't be with this heat. He gets so bored being cooped up all day. I take him on a short walk in the evening but that's not cutting it. Got him a kiddie pool, he doesn't like it.

How does everyone keep their EB entertained and out of trouble all day during the summer?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
8 months is like telling a toddler not to move :nervous:

Never gets that hot here but 25 cel n up is a kiddie pool n I throw their toys in they love the pool n they jump in it to try take the toys out. But I do have 2 dogs so easier to entertain themselves. So basically you need a second dog. :D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's a struggle...

I try to walk my dogs in the early morning, or late evening... when the temp is around 75 degrees or lower. Some of my bullies didn't like the pool, so I put toys in there like a favorite ball or other plastic toy. You can also get a sprinkler, some dogs LOVE to play in them.

I also have indoor balls they can play with, big fluffy balls that can be thrown around w/out tearing up the house. Another great idea is to work on training... do some simple commands and then add some harder ones. Dogs wear out easier when they have to use their minds for more than a few minutes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guys hate water so pool and hose are out... we do indoor ball play, chase and use frozen peanut butter bones or marrow bones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
This is the time to teach him things. Working the mind zaps their energy (mostly:) ). Try hiding treats, and see if he finds them. Teach him the name of his toys. walk around the house on a leash teaching sit/stay command. More work for you, I know, but with a toddler, that's tough. Good luck.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
It stays pretty hot here most of the year too. Luckily my Bella loves the water! Pool and hose! Lol

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online