helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok so, you know me..say it as it is... :D

Reading what comments under each breed. EB, completely disagree with their comments. Mini EB which is Duke. There is mini n miniatures. Miniature are the pugs mix with Frenchie (15-25lbs) n Mini which is bigger than miniature (35-45lbs) and are 100% EB but just smaller. Proper breeders has breed miniatures for over 20yrs n have achieved little Dukes. Btw Duke is 50lbs so he busted the scale. All this to say...this blog said about Duke:

“Mini English Bulldogs (English Bulldogs that weigh 20-40 lbs). Like the English Bulldog, they aren't very smart, they are very lazy, and they love their owneers. They are loyal, gregarious, and very happy.”

Aren’t very smart? Very Lazy just like the EB???? :wtf: Hate when ppl categorize all dogs the same boat. Like most of you members, your bullies are sure not lazy or dumb. Things I read in here, they’re more active than the humans. Ok that was my 2cent. Oh and Nika’s Blog forgot my little Nyala the Bantam! Bantam has been around since early 1800!! Lol. Ok I’ll stop. :p

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
That's interesting. Now I wonder what kind of bulldog I have? He is small (35 lbs, 8 months) very athletic but looks kind of like a Boston.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That's interesting. Now I wonder what kind of bulldog I have? He is small (35 lbs, 8 months) very athletic but looks kind of like a Boston.

Photos? They change a lot at that age.

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Zue10

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I agree people should not categorize all English Bulldogs as lazy and dumb.:rolleyes:
[MENTION=8804]Delaney[/MENTION] your boy is gorgeous!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Also none of the bulldogs listed there were english bulldogs.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It's an interesting read but someone's blog with a few random pics is far from 10+ years of educated/documented research, breeding, development, etc.
Interesting read...

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
good stuff here and ;) What caught my attention was a 'hairy' bulldog lol i loved it AND!!!!!!!!! holy crap "dumb"? these are the smartest dogs i have ever known, they just use their smarts a different way..*to get their way* and LAZY?????? REALLY? HA!!! many of us DO NOT have what they speak of so.................. Glad ya added your thoughts @Helene :) I just looked at pictures :O

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
They only quoted EB under the mini. We have to remember, today’s EB was also created from other bullies. When I was “much” younger.....the EBs I’ve seen were all over 60-70lbs. Nowadays some will weigh from 40-55lbs. So yes, breeders with play with size to accommodate buyers. Enjoy your fur babies!!!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
good stuff here and ;) What caught my attention was a 'hairy' bulldog lol i loved it AND!!!!!!!!! holy crap "dumb"? these are the smartest dogs i have ever known, they just use their smarts a different way..*to get their way* and LAZY?????? REALLY? HA!!! many of us DO NOT have what they speak of so.................. Glad ya added your thoughts @Helene :) I just looked at pictures :O

Yes they are totally smart they just have selective hearing like, you want me to do what? for free?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky is most definitely an English Bulldog and a good sized one at that at around 65-70lbs

I think he looks great as is and don't worry about his weight which looks to be dropping since the weather has warmed up and we are walking more

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky is most definitely an English Bulldog and a good sized one at that at around 65-70lbs

I think he looks great as is and don't worry about his weight which looks to be dropping since the weather has warmed up and we are walking more

Chunky is a beautiful EB for sure!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.