The Debedding of Ollie

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
After being away for 5.5 weeks and sleeping with just husband and I in the bed, we decided that we made a big mistake by letting Ollie sleep with us. Heā€™s 50lbs now and takes up a lot of space.
Sooooo feeling like 2 real meanies, we removed his steps the night before last. The first night, he stood at the side of the bed a few times and looked really pathetic, but I just very calmly and gently said, ā€œNo Ollie. No more bed dog. Go lay down.ā€ He paced around for 45 mind or so, would lay down on the floor and eventually went into his crate and passed out until I woke him up at 7AM.
Last night, he only looked pathetically at me twice and then went out to the great room and slept until 8:30AM this morning when I let the other dogs out.
I feel sorry that Ollie has to go through this unlearning process, but he doesnā€™t seem very upset about it. Heā€™s a really mellow guy and this sort of reinforces how calm and mellow he is. Mea Culpa. I think he forgives me.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
How sweet.. And, its amazing how well some adapt. Hank knows at both houses what he's aloud or not. Here at home he goes to his bed/couch and just goes to sleep when he wants and no issue of sadness. It's just the way it is here. Up at other house, he's obnoxious as his daddy misses him and so spoils (sweetly) him and he expects it. It's good when both of you are on the same tack so the transition is easier :) Ollie will be,, and seems to be already.. just fine :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good for you.... it would break my heart to do it, neither is an issue reallyā€”- Lambeau like the foot of the bed and Cheli is a pillow boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ollie, mom and dad owe you a lot of treats for moral trauma! Look at them! They dared to de-bed King Ollie:eek:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhh Iā€™m with you.. booted Duke out when he was around 6months ...I think... didnā€™t take long. Like yours slept in the crate. Today he sleeps anywhere.

Btw.... cracked up on this part... ā€œsleeping with just husbandā€ :whistle:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Happy to see he is adjusting well to the change. :)

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
UPDATE:

Itā€™s been two weeks since Ollie was debedded. It has not been a problem. Heā€™s a very easy guy to live with. He goes along to get along. He has established his own routine. He starts off sleeping behind the recliner in the corner. Iā€™m pretty sure he goes there because I watch tv in bed and he doesnā€™t like the light that emanates from it. Every morning when I wake up he is sound asleep in his crate. I guess when the tv shuts itself off with the 90 minute timer, he gets in his crate. I never hear him.
All in all, the bed to no bed sleeping has been as smooth as silk. My boy is just a fantastic bully in every way. I am so lucky. I love him so much.
a895a963c4576eb4af4f34e97bb0bacf.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE:

Itā€™s been two weeks since Ollie was debedded. It has not been a problem. Heā€™s a very easy guy to live with. He goes along to get along. He has established his own routine. He starts off sleeping behind the recliner in the corner. Iā€™m pretty sure he goes there because I watch tv in bed and he doesnā€™t like the light that emanates from it. Every morning when I wake up he is sound asleep in his crate. I guess when the tv shuts itself off with the 90 minute timer, he gets in his crate. I never hear him.
All in all, the bed to no bed sleeping has been as smooth as silk. My boy is just a fantastic bully in every way. I am so lucky. I love him so much.
a895a963c4576eb4af4f34e97bb0bacf.jpg

Looks like he was doing some gardening for you! [emoji23]

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Looks like he was doing some gardening for you! [emoji23]

LOL! Heā€™s definitely a dirt dog. He loves mud. Heā€™s great though because he also loves being hosed off. We donā€™t even have to hold him by the collar. He just stands there. He seems to enjoy it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Good for you.... it would break my heart to do it, neither is an issue reallyā€”- Lambeau like the foot of the bed and Cheli is a pillow boy

Omg...same with my two...Louie at the bottom of the bed and Jax right on my side. Although sometimes I do get trapped between them.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Such a sweet boy. Im so glad the that you ended up with this particular sweet heart. Special :)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe..... he is so adorable!!

Hubby is about ready to kick Bella out of our bed too! Lol
First all she likes to be under the covers completely for a while, then will sleep on my pillows between my head and the headboard, then wants back under the covers in between us a couple of hours later, then will push you with her paws oh and of course snores and sometimes (only sometimes) will have awful gas :bad:
I am thinking it would be harder for me then her. I just love to snuggle with her. Even though I am guessing thatā€™s why I really donā€™t get good nights sleep very often.

Members online

No members online now.