SO Chubby bit the **** outta my face!!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
He sleeps with me almost every night... He fell asleep before me. I decided to go to sleep and moved him over to get comfortable like usual. Unfortunately he was not having it and bit my face. I currently have a open wound on my upper lip that is driving me insane...has your baby ever injured you?[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lucysmomma

Jan 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Ouchie!! You poor thing. :( Hope it heals up quickly.

No open wounds here, but Lucy leaves bruises everywhere. I was afraid someone would call cps on us with all the bruises on kiddo (9 yr old son) either from nipping or standing on him. My thighs always have bruises. One time she lifted her head up fast and my face was there and her canine caught me right below the eye, just a small bruise though. Did I say bruise enough ;)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh my goodness!!! OUCH!!!! Joey has never injured anyone, but when she was a pup and sound asleep my sister went in to kiss her face, I warned her....watch that nose :) Luckily I caught her before she startled Joey.

What was Chubby like after the bite? Maybe you just scared him???

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
He did it on purpose!?!?

Ty, has never purposely harmed me, but has left me bleeding numerous times, by rough play,
I keep bruises on my thighs, and we accidentaly head butted once which left me with a bloody nose

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He sleeps with me almost every night... He fell asleep before me. I decided to go to sleep and moved him over to get comfortable like usual. Unfortunately he was not having it and bit my face. I currently have a open wound on my upper lip that is driving me insane...has your baby ever injured you?[emoji51]

Did you put him on the floor immediately? Time to show who’s boss and let him sleep on the floor!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OUCH.... it could have been due to getting startled, but is it possible he may be in pain? Or, does he think the bed is his?

How is your lip today?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yikes! My first thought is that you startled him in his sleep.

One time I had come home and Louie was all excited and jumping on me and he grabbed me on the chin. No open wound but man, did it hurt.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Bentley has some behavioral issues and becomes fixated on certain things like my wife handing me the mail just drives him up a wall and he nips at her. Well that is time-out time. We remove him from the pack and put him in his crate for a few minutes. As mentioned in way earlier threads, Bentley was never properly socialized and we believe this is the reason for his issues. We have been working with these issues since we have had him.

Sorry to hear you were hurt and I hope you mend fast. And Chubmeister....BAD BOY!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It happens. I'm betting he just Snarked at you and caught you with a canine. Snark = Snap + Bark. If he were biting out of aggression the damage would have likely been worse.
I've been lucky so far...but we don't sleep with out dogs as that puts them on equal ground with us and that cannot happen, ever.
Hoss bit down on my middle finger and when I yanked it out of his mouth, it split the nail up the middle from the quick...took a year to heal. He was having a seizure.
Lacey chomped down on a ball I was holding and got my thumb. The more I pulled back the more she bit down. I ultimately just pulled it out and lost the skin off my thumb knuckle. She didn't know my finger wasn't part of the ball.
As a puppy MINI chomped my arm and left a few holes in it along with a 2" groove of no flesh. She was a puppy...she gets a pass.
Arriving home from a biztrip and excited Smedley jumped into my face and our teeth clashed leaving me with a chipped right front tooth. I dremeled it along with the left one to make them even...that worked pretty good too. Should have gone to dental school.
Only one rescue has bitten me in 23 years but Sandy's arms are pretty scarred from bites.

Maybe you should have prepared that chateaubriand for his dinner afterall.

taytoD

Dec 11, 2017
Chicago area
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tayto
Usually it's just when he whips his giant head and accidentally knocks into my chin...that hurts! He hasn't purposely nipped at me since he was little puppy, but for some reason when we rub his belly he wants to chew on your hands but gently.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Noooo! Not Chubby! I think he was maybe startled as others said or perhaps getting a little possessive over the bed. Our dachshund growls very occasionally and he is promptly ejected and banned until he remembers his manners. If it was me, I wouldn't let him on the bed again, Chubby is a much more powerful dog than a doxie.

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Ouchie!! You poor thing. :( Hope it heals up quickly.

No open wounds here, but Lucy leaves bruises everywhere. I was afraid someone would call cps on us with all the bruises on kiddo (9 yr old son) either from nipping or standing on him. My thighs always have bruises. One time she lifted her head up fast and my face was there and her canine caught me right below the eye, just a small bruise though. Did I say bruise enough ;)
OMG....I have paw prints on my thighs...and teeth marks on my ankles and wrists....I think he thinks im his chew toy.

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Oh my goodness!!! OUCH!!!! Joey has never injured anyone, but when she was a pup and sound asleep my sister went in to kiss her face, I warned her....watch that nose :) Luckily I caught her before she startled Joey.

What was Chubby like after the bite? Maybe you just scared him???
He was sad...he has never intentionally hurt anyone...im sure i startled him...but it still hurts[emoji51]

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
He did it on purpose!?!?

Ty, has never purposely harmed me, but has left me bleeding numerous times, by rough play,
I keep bruises on my thighs, and we accidentaly head butted once which left me with a bloody nose
No he was sleeping and I moved him and he snapped at me. And yes he is a very rough boy and i have paw print bruises on my thighs[emoji13]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
No he was sleeping and I moved him and he snapped at me. And yes he is a very rough boy and i have paw print bruises on my thighs[emoji13]

IF HE WAS SLEEPING, IT WAS NOT AGGRESSION
OR DIRECTED AT YOU BUT A STARTLED REACTION.
BULIES SLEEP SO DEEPLY SO ARE EASILY STARTLED.
IT HAPPENED WITH MINE SO I KNOW IT HURTS YOU,
PHYSICALLY & EMOTIONALLY, THEY FEEL BAD AS WELL.
I SEND BOTH OF YOU LOVING HUGS, XOXO

IF WOUND TURNS RED OR WARM, GO TO URGENT CARE ASAP!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.