Potty training and a new home.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My fiancee and i are currently looking for our first home to purhcase :) i was just wondering will samson have to be re potty trained in he new home? What other things should we expect from our little guy?:pray:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I wouldn't expect any problems... just give him plenty of opportunities to go out at first, he'll understand quickly what your asking of him.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
He should be OK....maybe the first few day he might get a little confused with new surroundings, but he really should be fine.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Might depend if the previous owners had pets. Some dogs like to mark their territory. Hubby and I started out in a townhouse and got our little Boston..I couldn't house break him for over 1 1/2 years! We moved to a house and he instantly stopped peeing in the house! Thinking back someone at the townhouse had cats before us. Here they never had a pet. Like [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] said, just give him lots of opportunities to go out.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
okay thanks for all your input. i hope hes not too bad, hes a stubborn little guy so it takes some time with him lol

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Congratulations on buying a home. I am a firm believer in pet doors as a way to prevent accidents in the house. [MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] is right, if previous owners had pets he may want to mark his territory!

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
are pet door bad on heating or anything? we also have very bad winters here lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yay! I missed this post..sorry..a new home..so great. I think as long as he knows how to get outside where you want him to go..he will be fine. I would try and use same potty place and way to get outside for awhile. Just like when you were initially training him. I was going to ask what you meant about Samson likes new place in pm..duh..all very exciting. May I suggest you don't give him large stuffed animals right away!! Lol

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I would think that he'd be fine! Just like the others said, make sure to take him out more at first.

My parents are divorced and I still go to both houses, and Delilah comes with me. She has no problem at all with her potty training when I take her back and forth between houses, or if I take her to completely new surroundings to visit.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
After many months of lookng...we finally found the perfect house :) we bought it so we will see how things go! The closing date isn't until June 30th though!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congrats on the new house!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Congrats... I hope Samson approves of the new house. LOL

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thanks everyone! Sorry for ghr late thank you I have been sloop busy this week. ! And I hope Samson does approve too haha I took him there at night one day and he seemed okay. However I did notice the previous owner did have a dog...and a cat!! Which surprised the hell outta me because I didn't see a spec of hair Lol. Good news is its mostly hardwood and ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathroom. Just bedrooms have carpet so things shouldn't be too tough. We have hardwoods right now and during potty training Samson never had a problem wig them...it was like he hunted for carpet looking for the more "outdoor" feeling.....yet he would pee on the deck outside? Crazy kid.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online