Wagon or puppy stroller?

Bmorris

May 2, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie Pants Morris
Frankie loves to go on walks and were a very outdoor activity family. I want her to enjoy the walks as much as I do but she gets tuckered out about half way threw and I need up carrying her. She's starting to fill out and I won't be able to continue to do so for much longer plus I don't want to create a bad habit. I have been debating getting a wagon or pet stroller to take along for when she needs a break but I'm not sure wich direction to go. The wagon seems like a good choice as it provides more room and she doesn't enjoy being enclosed but I have no clue how effective pet strollers are. I would appreciate any thoughts on wich you feel would be better. Ultimately I may make my choice on what she is most comfortable with but I also want to unsure her safety. Thanks for Frankie and B!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Frankie loves to go on walks and were a very outdoor activity family. I want her to enjoy the walks as much as I do but she gets tuckered out about half way threw and I need up carrying her. She's starting to fill out and I won't be able to continue to do so for much longer plus I don't want to create a bad habit. I have been debating getting a wagon or pet stroller to take along for when she needs a break but I'm not sure wich direction to go. The wagon seems like a good choice as it provides more room and she doesn't enjoy being enclosed but I have no clue how effective pet strollers are. I would appreciate any thoughts on wich you feel would be better. Ultimately I may make my choice on what she is most comfortable with but I also want to unsure her safety. Thanks for Frankie and B!

How old is Frankie? If you really need something, I would definitely go with the wagon at Costco. Great n solid. That’s if my pups had a health issue.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

B..there is an old saying, "Don't walk a bulldog any further than you can carry him/her!" Your choice on wagon or stroller.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We have the Pet Gear Expedition. Sandy always wanted an Expedition so when it was time for a new stroller this is what I got. Found out later that she really wanted a Ford Expedition...I did not get her one of those.
Anyway, the model we have has been replaced with this one and I'm quite sure it has been improved as ours with the zippers can be a little cumbersome to deal with. The Expedition is expensive, rock solid and worth every penny.

https://www.petgearinc.com/product_info.asp?id=641

OP
B

Bmorris

May 2, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie Pants Morris
She is 3 months and 1 week. She loves walks but I know the danger of over doing it and don't want to push her to far. The Costco wagon was exactly the one I was think of but didn't know if she would get to much sun? Did you invest in a clip on umbrella? Or how do you work a way to shade your pup?

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
The only thing with the wagon is you might end up having to lift her into it when she's full grown since the sides are so high, that's why we haven't got one yet. Thinking about the kids wagon with the side door but not sure if it's deep enough.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yes, as [MENTION=13584]NicosMom[/MENTION] said, one day your "baby" may be a bit heavy to lift into the wagon but much easier to let get into the "pet gear" one. I do as little lifting as possible these days so i would have to go with the stroller. I love the idea that they can get in themselves. they do have a few different styles of the
'pet gear' i think.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She is 3 months and 1 week. She loves walks but I know the danger of over doing it and don't want to push her to far. The Costco wagon was exactly the one I was think of but didn't know if she would get to much sun? Did you invest in a clip on umbrella? Or how do you work a way to shade your pup?

Hang on here. She’s only 3months old. You do NOT need any stroller or wagon. Do not get her use to that especially at that age. You’ll end up with a lazy dog. Let them walk. You have no choice but to go with her flow n not yours! Even if you’re “outdoorsy ppl “ These are pups. You cannot push them. At that age Nyala n Duke walk 2km. At a yr old 5km. They still walk 5km today. I don’t push them as they are bullies. But on cooler months they can walk further. Nyala is 2.5yrs ol n Duke is 16months old. I basically trained them slowly and kept an eye out on their max n not mine. So go with her max and build it up slowly. I personally wouldn’t put her in any buggy at that age. But that’s me.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
i wish there were 'pocket' strollers. Hank loves to walk and though i 'thought' i knew his limits, we went to an exciting place to him and the combo of excitement (it was just balboa park, lots of people walking ) and a good longish walk got his breathing heaver than i like to hear. I was stumped as to how to get him back to the car without more exertion, Oh he was perfectly willing, but what i would have given for a stroller or wagon as i REALLY thought i should carry him... 48 lbs would have done me in pretty fast but oh i was tempted.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
i wish there were 'pocket' strollers. Hank loves to walk and though i 'thought' i knew his limits, we went to an exciting place to him and the combo of excitement (it was just balboa park, lots of people walking ) and a good longish walk got his breathing heaver than i like to hear. I was stumped as to how to get him back to the car without more exertion, Oh he was perfectly willing, but what i would have given for a stroller or wagon as i REALLY thought i should carry him... 48 lbs would have done me in pretty fast but oh i was tempted.

Keep your cell phone n call a cab! :p

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Keep your cell phone n call a cab! :p

Ha! ya know seriously, i only had about 2 blocks to go and i was hoping one of those people on their bikes taxi things would come on by and id of paid for a lift. and honestly, if i had thought of it i prob would have done just that! call a taxi!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ha! ya know seriously, i only had about 2 blocks to go and i was hoping one of those people on their bikes taxi things would come on by and id of paid for a lift. and honestly, if i had thought of it i prob would have done just that! call a taxi!

Flag them down. Lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I bought a wagon for Monty as there is no way I can lift him into anything. I thought it was a good idea but so far we have only wheeled him around the pool to get used to it and it is a rough ride, no give in those wheels at all. He doesn't look very stable and I don't think the sides are high enough. If he was to sit or lay down then maybe it would work. Of course, all he wants to do is eat it!

His wagon.jpgscaled_image (7).jpgscaled_image (8).jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
another thought on this is,,,,,,,,,, many stores will let your dog in if they are contained............... so, if your out and traveling etc, you can put your 'kid' in the stroller, zip it up, and they can run into the store with you. and on the wagon @1 Chumly, i found that my boy has to be locked in to something as he is VERY interested on the goings on around him. And he's a jumper! I do have the 'costco' wagon, great wagon! but!!!!!!! i prefer to have him in front of me so i can watch him better. Even if hes locke down or in. Pluss, i think many use crates and so this is another form of a crate, just rolling ;)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
another thought on this is,,,,,,,,,, many stores will let your dog in if they are contained............... so, if your out and traveling etc, you can put your 'kid' in the stroller, zip it up, and they can run into the store with you. and on the wagon @1 Chumly, i found that my boy has to be locked in to something as he is VERY interested on the goings on around him. And he's a jumper! I do have the 'costco' wagon, great wagon! but!!!!!!! i prefer to have him in front of me so i can watch him better. Even if hes locke down or in. Pluss, i think many use crates and so this is another form of a crate, just rolling ;)

Yes, I agree. The good thing is the wagon is great for lugging around big bags of soil, mulch etc. so all is not lost. Much better (more stable) than a wheelbarrow.

Members online

No members online now.