Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
My .02 Be careful with Dawn if you are new to it.

Dawn strips all oils, that is why they use it on birds & animal at oil spills and on cars to strip all the wax off.

I have used virbac episoothe shampoo & conditioner for 15 yrs & been very happy with it. I have Shar Peis's that are prone to itching & this helped a lot.

Again, not knocking people that have experience with Dawn. If you don't you may end up with really dry skinned dog.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Again, not knocking people that have experience with Dawn. If you don't you may end up with really dry skinned dog.
ā–²ā–²Yes!ā–²ā–² ...greasy dogs only

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I did give him a bath yesterday afternoon, I didn't have any dawn, but I did have J&J baby wash, so I used that and he's stopped scratching! I'm thinking I'll use the baby non scented detergent that I used for my little one when she was a baby and had eczema.

I am using the Fromm grain free puppy formula, pink bag. He seems to like it and is doing just fine on it. I haven't noticed anything odd about him, so I'm sticking with the food for now. I do need to find a new treat for him, he doesn't like his training treats from three dog bakery, it's chicken with carrots, grain free. He spits them out.

Great tip on the lavender! I love using lavender for lots of things, I'll dab some on his collar tonight!

Thank you for the great tips!

Yes true Dawn is great to remove all grease but also residues left on the skin which clogs pores. Nothing wrong using it but make sure you add like coconut oil after. I just bathe both mutts in their kiddie pool and I only use Dr. Bronner's Organic Pure Castile Liquid Soap and I do add lavender essential oil into the bottle so it stays longer on their skin n calms the skin of any allergies. Oh and of course mosquitos n they smell purrrrrrty

Members online

No members online now.