entropion surgery

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Think it is getting time for pebbles to have entropion surgery. I'll take her back to the vet next week but he has already told me it is coming.

This is Brittmore vet which is listed a Bulldog vet & there are usually 2-6 bulldogs in the waiting room when I go.

My question: Vet stated that it would be a good time to trim her elongated palate & trim the nares on her nose.

Seems like alot to do in one surgery although to get it all done at one time would be nice.

Thoughts??

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Think it is getting time for pebbles to have entropion surgery. I'll take her back to the vet next week but he has already told me it is coming.

This is Brittmore vet which is listed a Bulldog vet & there are usually 2-6 bulldogs in the waiting room when I go.

My question: Vet stated that it would be a good time to trim her elongated palate & trim the nares on her nose.

Seems like alot to do in one surgery although to get it all done at one time would be nice.

Thoughts??

I think getting it all done at once is good. I hate having to put them under too much. We take ours to Brittmoore too and they definitely know what theyā€™re doing with bullies! Our boy Barkley is 5 now and had his palate done when he was about 1.5 and I wish Iā€™d had his entropion done the same time but kept putting it off and finally had Dr. Chellepan at Brittmoore do the entropion surgery last year. She said most bulldogs wonā€™t mess with it so donā€™t need a cone but of course Barkley can be the biggest jerk haha and kept trying to mess with his and couldnā€™t keep a cone on him...about 4 days after surgery he was out of my sight for 2 seconds and rubbed his eye on the wall and it started bleeding! I took him in the next morning and luckily he didnā€™t mess up anything, she said it was actually almost healed already and just had to trim the stitches a little more because they were probably too long and bothering him. So you may have to keep a good eye on her if she is the type to mess with things like that.

Our other bully, Pippen, had palate surgery with Dr. Chellepan at the same time she was spayed when she was a little over a year old. Unfortunately a few months after that we found out she had ectopic ureters and had to have a more major surgery at Gulf Coast and they did her nares at the same time. She had a huge incision along her whole abdomen with staples from the ureter surgery but never seemed like that or her nares bothered her at all, I think it just depends on their personality. She also had a fentanyl patch after that surgery which was amazing and let us avoid having to give her a million medications through the day/night so maybe check if they can do that if you decide to get everything done at once! Good luck to Pebbles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We've followed this same path for our rescues many, many times. If she truly needs the surgeries I think it best to get them all done at the same time. None of these surgeries are long or particularly invasive. Post op care, however, is very important.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks all, guess it is better to do all at once. I'll make the appointment. I just know she will be able to breathe better with the palate surgery...

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
how did you like Dr. Chellepan at Brittmoore ?

I am just not blending well with Dikeman....

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen

I love her!! I used to see Dr. D and liked him ok but had to see Dr. Chellepan for some reason one day and wound up sticking with her instead now

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Thoughts??
My two had nares, and entropion surgery (both) done at the same time. I also told vet to check palates while they were under A, afterwards, he said they they(palates) were fine.No problems. I though I read somewhere that Dr. Chellapan had left? I may be wrong-been known to happen..

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks. I've been dreading this.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
My two had nares, and entropion surgery (both) done at the same time. I also told vet to check palates while they were under A, afterwards, he said they they(palates) were fine.No problems. I though I read somewhere that Dr. Chellapan had left? I may be wrong-been known to happen..

I just made an appt with her for next week so she better still be there!! Haha

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] we use Dr. Dykeman and like him. e is direct and I think that's what I like about him. He did Entropion surgury on one of ours years ago and did a good job, and also did the pallate and nares on another one. He does all our C-sections on our bitches also. Dr. Chellepan is a very good vet also. She did one C-section once when Dr, D was not available. I think all the vets there are good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks all, guess it is better to do all at once. I'll make the appointment. I just know she will be able to breathe better with the palate surgery...

agree with all at once.... good luck and please keep us posted.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

We see Dr Chellappan too and we ADORE her!!! She is very genuine, and super fond of Tyson! [emoji4] best of luck youā€™re in the best hands!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We see Dr Chellappan too and we ADORE her!!! She is very genuine, and super fond of Tyson! [emoji4] best of luck youā€™re in the best hands!

HAYYYYYYYYYY .... updates on you guys would be nice ;)

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Went to vet yesterday and setting up entropion and pallet surgery for June 7.

What was recovery like to the ones here that had both surgeries at the same time?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Went to vet yesterday and setting up entropion and pallet surgery for June 7.

What was recovery like to the ones here that had both surgeries at the same time?

I've had the pallet surgery experience but not both.... first day they are fine and usually sleepy, but after that they feel no pain and are ready to go. soft food for about 3-5 days. Keeping the calm is the hardest

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.