Outdoor Voice !!!!!!!!!!!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I heard Ty use his 'outdoor voice' yesterday.

IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously thought there was some ginormous, vicious, fierce killer canine on my back deck

Ty saw a deer in the edge of the woods

He even had the bristles on his back standing up.

WOW!!!!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This is cute. My Tank has beautiful bark, but he is such a coward that he barks only from inside the house:)he hates guys with leaf blowers, goes crazy when they come from behind the closed doors, but when I open the door, his anger becomes silent:)

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ty just wants to play with the leaf blower.

he likes for you to blow in his face then he takes a zoomie

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I heard Ty use his 'outdoor voice' yesterday.

IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously thought there was some ginormous, vicious, fierce killer canine on my back deck

Ty saw a deer in the edge of the woods

He even had the bristles on his back standing up.

WOW!!!!

Bella has a pretty loud bark too when the others bark. Outside she'll bark but be running toward the back door to get in. Inside she will bark and run to the front door with the other dogs. I am sure she would run away if any intruder ever entered though. Lol.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Bella has a pretty loud bark too when the others bark. Outside she'll bark but be running toward the back door to get in. Inside she will bark and run to the front door with the other dogs. I am sure she would run away if any intruder ever entered though. Lol.

thats why this tone of bark suprised me................I would bet everything I own that in a situation Ty would be of no use for protection or defense. He simply isn't a fighter, lives to eat and play

the most I've ever heard him is a 'half-way woof', looking out the back door

that really suprised me, especially with the bristles on his back up.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie actually has a pretty deep bark which I always think, well if there's an intruder and they can't see it's Louie but hear the bark, they may think twice. But if the intruder came into the house and saw Louie, I am sure Louie would do the wiggle butt dance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol. Lol .... Lambeau losses his $hit when he sees a deer in our back woods. You’d think he was brave... if one of those deer moved towards him he would run for the house or hide behind one of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Lol. Lol .... Lambeau losses his $hit when he sees a deer in our back woods. You’d think he was brave... if one of those deer moved towards him he would run for the house or hide behind one of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louie is the biggest scaredy cat!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty has two very different barks. One when he wants something and he wants it NOW and the other when he is guarding his territory. The first one more of a high pitched yap and the second, low, very loud and menacing. He is not brave at all though, literally all bark and no bite!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala will bark n Duke will trot nice n straight taking over the barking. Like I’m the boss type. But if something falls or a loud noise he’ll hide behind Nyala. Nyala is the smart one. She sees me n will stop while the other idiot continues lol. Neither are scare if there’s other animals. My son had massive high horses n both will run up to them. I call them my Budweiser horses. Nyala doesn’t show any fear. She will get in front of Duke to protect him. She’s one that’s needs to be watched.

OP
C

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Nyala will bark n Duke will trot nice n straight taking over the barking. Like I’m the boss type. But if something falls or a loud noise he’ll hide behind Nyala. Nyala is the smart one. She sees me n will stop while the other idiot continues lol. Neither are scare if there’s other animals. My son had massive high horses n both will run up to them. I call them my Budweiser horses. Nyala doesn’t show any fear. She will get in front of Duke to protect him. She’s one that’s needs to be watched.

I think that maybe partially a female trait

Females are SO protective

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

You might be surprised ;)

I'm betting Bella would rise to the situation.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I so wish we had video of this, good boy, Ty!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Louie actually has a pretty deep bark which I always think, well if there's an intruder and they can't see it's Louie but hear the bark, they may think twice. But if the intruder came into the house and saw Louie, I am sure Louie would do the wiggle butt dance.

Same here with Chunky!! The only problem is both the front and back doors are mostly glass so they can see him during the day and possibly at night. Thats why I have outdoor cameras and have a chime set when there is motion at night which causes him to bark.

He has a deep bark but rarely ever uses it other than to let me know someone is walking around outside or something has changed outside

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.