Any New Toys?

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
I have a giant box of toys that I have gotten for Crabcake over our first year together. Unfortunately I am starting to run out of ideas, and despite getting him a wide range of recommended toys he seems to really only love a few of them (and they tend to be ones that he easily destroys after a few days of hard work). Any go to toys for your bulldog kids? His favorites almost always involve objects he can chase over and over again. Any new ideas would be really great thanks so much

IMG_2788.JPGIMG_2780.JPGIMG_2981.JPG

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
THAT has been one of the biggest challenges I've faced with my guy.

I am convinced there are no toys a bulldog can't destroy

I've even tried the $25 'indestructibls ' that lasted about 2 days

Ty wants something that will make noise, and he can play tug with

So far what we've found is his very own painters bucket from Lowe's
Makes a really cool noise when thrown across the porch, I'm sure the neighbors love it.

And something I found at Pet CO, made from a fire hose, he and his Boston sister can tug as hard as they want, and it's lasted over a month now

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs have a big toybox of every kind of nylabone there is so far! They go pick out what they want and chew! They can not have any kind of material or stuffies, as they chew them up and I am afraid(know) some of them will swallow it! [MENTION=16802]crabcake[/MENTION] Love his name,makes me laugh every time!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
absolutley no stuffies for Rocket-man either, not even those described as 'rough, tough' him and Cricket will have one of those ripped apart in under an hour.

btw-pretty boy

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If he likes balls try a Lacrosse Ball. They are tough tough tough.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie loves balls, those are his favorite. He’s not allowed any stuffies cause he chews them up and swallows them. We have a lot of different Nylabones as well. We do have some of the Tuffy toys as well, he will eventually destroy them but they last the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
This green one makes a weird sound that Bella seems to like. It's a hard plastic so it cannot be thrown but rolled. It also hurts when she drops it on your foot. Lol
IMG_1284.JPG
She loves this squeaky ball. She has had is a while and hasn't been able to damage it. IMG_1283.JPG

But her favorite of all are these splash balls. (For the swimming pool) she is obsessed with them.
IMG_1285.JPG

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
THAT has been one of the biggest challenges I've faced with my guy.

I am convinced there are no toys a bulldog can't destroy

I've even tried the $25 'indestructibls ' that lasted about 2 days

Ty wants something that will make noise, and he can play tug with

So far what we've found is his very own painters bucket from Lowe's
Makes a really cool noise when thrown across the porch, I'm sure the neighbors love it.

And something I found at Pet CO, made from a fire hose, he and his Boston sister can tug as hard as they want, and it's lasted over a month now
Paint bucket from Loew's.....I'm dying!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] My baby loves to play with an empty mayo container too!!! These little knuckleheads..... But his favorite toys are balls and mostly the big type and rope toys. He loves his stuffed toys but he destroys them all the time. I tried teaching him to treat them nicely but he doesn't care and insists on ripping them apart! 🤷🏻

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Paint bucket from Loew's.....I'm dying!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] My baby loves to play with an empty mayo container too!!! These little knuckleheads..... But his favorite toys are balls and mostly the big type and rope toys. He loves his stuffed toys but he destroys them all the time. I tried teaching him to treat them nicely but he doesn't care and insists on ripping them apart! ����

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bella loves water bottles and milk jugs too but she destroys them so she can only have them for a few mins with supervision. She is an expert at getting the tops off too so I don't leave them on anymore.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Bella loves water bottles and milk jugs too but she destroys them so she can only have them for a few mins with supervision. She is an expert at getting the tops off too so I don't leave them on anymore.

Ty likes water bottles and milk jugs, but the water bottles are annihilated with one bite, jugs a little longer.

Try the paint bucket, he likes to pick it up carry it around for a while; he's very proud of himself when he does this, and it makes a really loud noise when he slams it down on the porch. He's had it for about a year, it's got chew marks on it, but he hasn't been able to rip through or tear pieces off.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ty likes water bottles and milk jugs, but the water bottles are annihilated with one bite, jugs a little longer.

Try the paint bucket, he likes to pick it up carry it around for a while; he's very proud of himself when he does this, and it makes a really loud noise when he slams it down on the porch. He's had it for about a year, it's got chew marks on it, but he hasn't been able to rip through or tear pieces off.

Lol... is that a hard plastic bucket?
She loves boxes too! If anything comes in a box she thinks it's hers. Shoe boxes, Chewy shipping boxes lol. Really any type of box.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Lol... is that a hard plastic bucket?
She loves boxes too! If anything comes in a box she thinks it's hers. Shoe boxes, Chewy shipping boxes lol. Really any type of box.

just a regular 5gal bucket from Lowes,
Ty loves boxes, but I'm affraid to let him have them, I'm sure he would eat the pieces.

Something else I've done, when grocery shopping I'll find the biggest sweet potato they have, wash it really well, he'll chew on it all day eating the pieces along the way, This is my rainy day trick, he gets bored with all his toys and I can't let him outside without a leash because he thinks he's a hog and rolls in mud.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.